guys, it hurts to say this, but i suspect that my guitar teacher is a hack...

any info to help inform me on ehether i should move on?

searched and found nothing, so this the only thread of its kind. Also didn't know where this belonged, so The Pit will do i guess?

^^??
It has something to do with the person's ability to capture the audience's attention indefinitely. Some teachers can hold you captive in their gaze and entertain you with even the most boring of details. Some teachers can explain the most exciting information and ruin it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Some of my best teachers have been most effective because they use the socratic method. Which is ironic, cause I hate it
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by stinger12345
Some of my best teachers have been most effective because they use the socratic method. Which is ironic, cause I hate it

isn't that where you ask stuff all the time?
no it's where he asks you stuff all the time
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone SG Special Custom
Peavy Bandit 65
A good teacher will not try to stick his penis in your ear. My teacher was horrible.
If you want to play metal, but your guitar teacher tries to tell you "Yeah, you can play all that John Petrucci stuff if you want, but that'll just get you admired by a bunch of guys. Play something like this *plays 1950s rock 'n' roll rhythm* and you'll get the ladies dancing. And that's what you want to do. *proceeds to teach you Johnny B Goode for the fourth time, after he's been teaching you for 7 years and teaching you this again is clearly not improving your playing at all*", then you should probably get a new one.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY