Hi Everyone...from Adelaide/South Australia

I was thinking of joining the Online Guitar lessons website called "Jamplay", it's only around $140 per year..that's cheap opposed to a real live teacher
I reasonably new in the sense of understanding the guitar...i can play heaps of BARRE chords along the neck in many different shapes & some open chords in the first position......but it's the patterns of strumming that i seem to have problems with!!
Even what sounds like a simple song "It's a long way to the top if ya wanna rock n roll" by ACDC..the guitar rythmn sound pretty easy but why do i have trouble trying to translate what i'm hearing to the strumming of the guitar..if it's up/down/up strokes or whatever?

I just though before i join if someone has used or heard anything good or bad about "Jamplay" at www.jamplay.com it would be great to hear others opinions

Your help is very much appreciated

Kind Regards
Mike
Hey Saphrax

That's another area i don't understand right now & that how to read a Tab, let alone work out how a strumming pattern comes from a tab
If you can help further it would be appreciated?

Mike
I honestly think Jamplay sucks, the bald dude looks like he has a hard time playing the songs. I really think you should just get a real teacher, it'll be way better.
Gear:
Dean VX
Ovation Celebrity CC44 Electric Acoustic
VOX DA5
Quote by Mikelly
Hey Saphrax

That's another area i don't understand right now & that how to read a Tab, let alone work out how a strumming pattern comes from a tab

Mike

what part don't you understand?

I find the best way to understand a song is to listen to it with the tab in front of you, so you get an idea of what is being played and when. Also watch people doing covers of songs on you tube is helpful since it can be difficult to make out whats being played if the guitarist is jumping about on a stage
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/signup_ref.htm?referer=zmv3ell

Guitar Master Class now has 1000 lessons for players of all levels and styles and is constantly growing. It costs about $60AUD per 6 months and you get access to video lessons, tabs, backing tracks, competitions with some really good prizes like Dunlop Crybaby's and Electro Harmonix Big Muffs, PODs and other multi fx. an awesome forum and incredibly helpful instructors.

So that's my advice for the best online lessons on the net.

EDIT: Below is an outline of pricing, just convert the US price to AUD at the current exchange rate. It is still cheaper than the other site you were going to subscribe to and is far better in many ways from what I can see.

3 months $29 ($9.6 /month)

6 months $48 ($8 /month)

12 months $90 ($7.5 /month)
Last edited by Lrn2shrd69 at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by Mikelly
Hey Saphrax

Mike

Well, first get hold of a program called Guitar Pro.

Then download the tab you want from here (make sure it's a Guitar Pro tab).

When you open it with GP, it'll show you the tab, highligh which not is being played on the tab and also shows you where each note is on the guitar fretboard.

I personally find this the easiest way to learn a song.
Hey,

Kevin with JamPlay here. I saw this thread and thought I'd chime in. Nearly everybody that joins JamPlay remains a member for quite some time. With our (as of Nov 2008) 180+ hours of lessons, there's something to learn for everyone.

We have a ton of lessons on basic things as you guys are discussing (tablature, barre chords, etc). Join the site and see what you think. If you don't like what you see, let us know within 7 days and we'll provide a full refund no questions asked. If you have any questions about the site, hit us up via the contact liks at JamPlay.com.

Take care,
Kevin
ooooooooooo

advertising or not?
you decide!
VOTE
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
I don't think it's advertising...more helpful if you ask me..

Anyways isn't shred masterclass where Kristofer Dahl is ? That man is good !
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)