Ok, so i have a Fender Squire strat and i wanted to know if putting a Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Humbucker Set would make it sound better and if it would be possible without dishing out too much money. Im sure im going to have to buy a new pickguard that holds humbuckers but if anyone can provide any advice and help please do.
What amp do you have ? I have the same guitar and before considering changing the pickups , you should think on getting a new amp .
i have a little SP-10 see but i dont want to buy a new amp cause atm in my room there is not much space and this amp fits perfectly for me. The amp came with the guitar i guess.
I see , well . I wouldn't buy a new pickup because it would be a waste of time and money , with that amp . Wait and then buy a better amp , that's my advice
For the pickups im not to worried about money cause im not going to be the one whos paying for them. If its going to make my guitar sound better im going to get them no matter how much it costs.
Quote by jstncamp
Ok, so i have a Fender Squire strat and i wanted to know if putting a Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Humbucker Set would make it sound better and if it would be possible without dishing out too much money. Im sure im going to have to buy a new pickguard that holds humbuckers but if anyone can provide any advice and help please do.

dude i had that guitar and its cheap. If ur gone get new pickups for that guitar id consider just getting a whole new one. Because changing the pickups on that guitar will probly cost more than the guitar its self.
Quote by jstncamp
For the pickups im not to worried about money cause im not going to be the one whos paying for them. If its going to make my guitar sound better im going to get them no matter how much it costs.

It's not - learning to play will make your guitar sound better, getting a new amp will also help.

...and wasting your parents money is far worse than wasting your own.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I picked up a Squier Strat that I threw a Duncan JB in. It didn't do much for the over all tone of the guitar, but it did take away the nasty hum that the cheap single coils were giving off.
-----------------------------------
G.A.S. Afflicted
^ +1 ^ Better to sell the Squire and go for maybe an MIM Strat. If your Squire only xost 150 - 200 or so, it's not a good idea to spend another 150 or more on pickups.
Moving on.....
Yea the pickups on the guitar do give off a bad amount of hum and when i buy a new guitar i will most likely get a Shecter C-1 Fr.
Now im thinking about selling my squire, any of you know a good price i can set it at? Its in pretty decent shape, 1 minor scratch in it.
I would not do anything at this point. Use the time work on your playing, and save money to buy a better guitar. You'll be happier than if you blow the cash on a decent set of pick ups for a knock around guitar.
G.A.S. Afflicted
Quote by jstncamp
Now im thinking about selling my squire, any of you know a good price i can set it at? Its in pretty decent shape, 1 minor scratch in it.

Try Craig's List
G.A.S. Afflicted
I was thinking about selling it for somewhere around $50-100 is that reasonable?
Quote by jstncamp
I was thinking about selling it for somewhere around $50-100 is that reasonable?

Try listing it at $100 obo and see what you get.
G.A.S. Afflicted