Page 1 of 2
I need to find some music to back a video/design art project I'm doing. Something ethereal, that reminds you of AUTUMN and WINTER. Something electronic maybe but with a human feel. It needs to sound warming.
now what does that mean?
i don't know...which is why I need you guys

Songs or artists would be much appreciated. Instrumental music is preferred but lyrics are ok too
Dice - Thomas Dybdahl. Autumn basicly because of that one sentence:

We went to bed and turn the stereo on low, heard the timber creak and windows rattle gently
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by backtothe70s
Dice - Thomas Dybdahl. Autumn basicly because of that one sentence:

We went to bed and turn the stereo on low, heard the timber creak and windows rattle gently

too sappy
Anything from Immortal.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
If you are open to extreme metal, try Drudkh, Walknut, Wolves In The Throne Room, and Agalloch, as to me they capture that feel perfectly.
How can any metal music represent autumn or winter in an ETHEREAL sense for a ****ing fashion design video project? Are you guys even reading the original? The Nick Drake song is nice, I'm a big fan of him, but I'm looking for more ethereal instrumental stuff if possible
Quote by saphrax
Anything from Type O Negative's aptly named October Rust.

Are you guys really into such cheesy ridiculous music or are you just ****ing with me?
wow being a dick is not a good way for get some suggestions faster......

Dont Eat Yelow Snow-Frank Zappa
A Hazey Shade of Winter-Simon and Garfunkel
Wizards Of Winter-Trans-Siberian Orchestra
and the jazz statdard Autumn Leaves by who ever you find it by. Joe Pass does a solid job on it.
fattyDQ sure has a sandy vagina. We come in trying to help him and he just insults everyone.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by fattyDQ
How can any metal music represent autumn or winter in an ETHEREAL sense for a ****ing fashion design video project? Are you guys even reading the original? The Nick Drake song is nice, I'm a big fan of him, but I'm looking for more ethereal instrumental stuff if possible

1. You didn't specify it was a fashion video

2. Being an ass isn't gonna help you any faster

3. Yes, metal CAN do just that.
Quote by mfox4000
The Natural Anthem : The Postal Service

Thats exactly what you want

Didn't even consider this. Now this is along the lines of what I'm looking for
I'm not trying to offend your musical tastes, but would you guys honestly describe the things you suggested as ethereal mostly instrumental music? I'm also not seeing the connection with autumn, but to each his own
Or i will possess your heart by Death Cab For Cutie, the bass intro and stuff would be perfect.
Im actually looking for something a bit less mainstream, although as of now that postal service song is probably the best suggestion
Untitled by Brand New is another instrumental track, very cold, very good.

(its off the devil and god album)
Quote by mfox4000
Untitled by Brand New is another instrumental track, very cold, very good.

(its off the devil and god album)

Also perfectly along the lines of what I'm looing for except it's barely even 3 minutes if it's the song I'm thinking of. I need at least 4 minutes , 5-6 preferably
hmm, well if you want something long, you could use a bunch of songs from the NIN album Ghosts I-IV, all instrumental, all ambient and moody.

Or Godspeed You! Black Emperior. the Track Moya is 10 mins long and might be the sort of thing your looking for
ok, i think ive got it this time,

Turquise Hexagon Sun by Boards of Canada.

just over 5 mins long, instrumental, "etheral" and a great song
Inside the Winter Storm - Dragonforce.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Disposition from Tool's Lateralus. 4:48.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
BROTHERS ON A HOTEL BED by Death Cab For Cutie
I can't stop listening to that song this time of year, just has that mood about it
most of that cd, Plans By Death Cab For Cutie, has that really chill fall/winter mood about it.
Taking Back Sunday - October Nights

I cant think of anymore songs on the spot though.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
It's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...
CALL OF KTULU!

I has a blizzard at the beginning and was used in a couple movies in the winter, it fits perfect because of the dramatic 'ness of it.

BTW it's Metallica - Call of Ktulu
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

"Airplane/Primitive"- The Slip. It reminds me of winter. Personal reasons, really, but, IMO, it sounds like a wintry song.

"Hooray"- Minus the Bear. Another good wintry song, IMO.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by james4
Vivaldi's 'Autumn' and 'Winter' from the four seasons?

Exactly what I was gonna say
Mogwai - Kings Meadow.

I don't know about you, but it gives me the feeling of autumn with the raindrop-sounding effects in the background and the calm piano and guitar
Transylvanian Hunger by Darkthrone for winter

Something by Opeth for autumn
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Page 1 of 2