things do cost quite a bit in australia.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
but why does it cost 3000 dollars more???

this is outrageous!!
MD5K
IBANEZ
A kanga, pack of xxxx and some shrimps on the barbay!

Love you british native!
According to the almighty Google,

"3500 U.S. dollars = 4 416.40379 Australian dollars"

So yeah, maybe the calculator was wrong.
no it wasnt 3500 american..

thats what it changed to in aussie dollars..

Dual Recto
-Head - $1800
-4x12 - $950

thats the american
MD5K
IBANEZ
Yea but your not calculating in the shipping or duty fees or taxes. Im gonna imagine the taxes/dity fee is pretty steep, and what is the shipping cost on something heavy like an amp cabinet to AUS. Also an amp sent to AUS needs to be set up for a different power supply. So even if you get it from the states you would need to mod the amp or get a power converter. Or save alot of headaches and get it in AUS.
yea but thats what im trying to say..

does it really cost another 3000 dollars to ship an amp over and convert the power?
MD5K
IBANEZ
From what I have read there is a serious shortage of men in AUS. The market in AUS is just not as big as say the states. There are a little over 20mil people in AUS and around 300mil in the states. So say for every 15 amps sold here you would sell 1 there.
The reason it's more expensive is because of who touches the amps before it gets here. It starts at the manufacturer, goes to a dealer, then the Aus. dealer buys it from that dealer. So they have to bump the price up for profit. Then they need to equate the price of shipping, taxes, and the power conversion.

That's why the prices are so high.
Signatures are overrated.
A Dual Recto is not just a Dual Recto.

Are you sure you're not looking at the Dual Recto Roadster or Roadking? Technically, those are also "Dual Rectifier" amps.
Shipping shouldnt be too much, but you have to pay duty to import anything over $1000 into Aus.

Mesa Boogies Amps are ridiculously overpriced here.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Shipping is outrageous. Most bands that tour Australia that aren't from there don't bring their gear with them for that reason. Not even Steve Vai. He said in an interview he just rents some Marshalls cause it would be nearly impossible to profit on with all his gear and the small amount of people there.
Quote by mmolteratx
Shipping is outrageous. Most bands that tour Australia that aren't from there don't bring their gear with them for that reason. Not even Steve Vai. He said in an interview he just rents some Marshalls cause it would be nearly impossible to profit on with all his gear and the small amount of people there.

what????
thats heaps bad..

no wonder not many bands even come to australia..
MD5K
IBANEZ
Quote by halvies
i often cry myself to sleep thinking about the prices in australia

*falls asleep*

I often do the same.

I have to settle to cheaper equipment (Epiphone) because of prices here

I wish Musician's Friends shipped internationally.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!