This might help me allso, i think you hafto use the notes from a various scales
instans C Major have the notes:
C D E F G A B,all those notes can be tranformed in to various chords thats likley to sound good togheter,dont quote me on this,this is how i thought it was built up on..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Sep 17, 2008,
The key of the song denotes what notes fit into the song. Any combination of these notes put into a chord should sound okay. For example, the key of C Major has the notes C D E F G A and B. So all kinds of chords fit: C, Cmaj7 (which is the notes C E G B), Dm (which is D F A), G7 (which is G B D F). You have many choices in any key, not to mention all the inversions of these chords.
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
Quote by PekarGuitar
The key of the song denotes what notes fit into the song. Any combination of these notes put into a chord should sound okay. For example, the key of C Major has the notes C D E F G A and B. So all kinds of chords fit: C, Cmaj7 (which is the notes C E G B), Dm (which is D F A), G7 (which is G B D F). You have many choices in any key, not to mention all the inversions of these chords.

what are the keys that songs are in, this is very confusing
Quote by the-god-of-rock
how do i find out what chords go with each other so i can make songs?

Look here....

http://www.guitar-chords.org.uk/chords-key-c.html
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by the-god-of-rock
what are the keys that songs are in, this is very confusing

Most of the time in modern music, the key is denoted by what the first chord of the song is. If the first chord is C then the key is probably C Major. This is not any king rule and you should really analyze each chord in a song to figure out what scale all (or almost all) the notes fit in. If you are writing a song and you have the first chord as C, and want to know where to go next you need to establish a key. Take the notes of the C (C E G) and look at all the scales that those notes fit into (basically C major). Then go from there using what I explained earlier.

All of this requires a decent grasp of music theory. So you may want to start learning it. The crusades articles in the columns section (link in my sig) is a good place to start.
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
........... or if you dont know theory, trial and error, till something sounds good. in fact chords of a song arent always limited to a particular key anyway.