Page 1 of 2
Ahead of the launch of their fourth album next week, bogo-hillbilly, hipster-sensitive, indie-rock brotherhood Kings of Leon have hit out at freetards for failing to repay them for their toil.

Frontman Caleb Followill launched a broadside against internet pirates: "There are a lot of people online that say, 'these guys have a wonderful life, screw them if they don't want me listening' – you don’t know what it's like! Literally, sometimes I jump out of bed at three in the morning and go and write something down because I just had a dream and I thought of something."

Oh dear.

The wounded artiste wasn't finished. He explained: "You don't know what goes into writing a song, let alone an album. It's not a day at the office – you're putting your heart and soul into something and for people to not respect that, that's crazy. But when you have people that do it the right way – that's pushing your artform."

His brother and guitarist Matthew offered a less pious take on the travails of an international rock band: "We don't wake up, take a shot of Jack and do a line of coke. We wake up and start singing or playing guitar... and then we party."

Bunch of whiny bastards.

"Oh no, I have to get out of bed at 3am to write a cool idea! What to do?!?!? I'd much rather have a boring 9-5 office job!"
I put all my heart into doing the equivelant of fuck all, and nobody notices it

Edit: I should point out that I'm unemployed. How much does the average indie band earn a year do you reckon?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Serves him right for sounding like he's constantly drunk.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
"You don’t know what it's like! Literally, sometimes I jump out of bed at three in the morning and go and write something down because I just had a dream and I thought of something."

Wha'? I know exactly what it's like. I have to jump out of bed at three in the morning to take a dump if I've had a particularly potent curry the night before.
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
"You don’t know what it's like! Literally, sometimes I jump out of bed at three in the morning and go and write something down because I just had a dream and I thought of something."

Wha'? I know exactly what it's like. I have to jump out of bed at three in the morning to take a dump if I've had a particularly potent curry the night before.

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Once YOU are in a band thats as famous and successful as they are THEN you can come back and whine.

Now get out.
Quote by ClementWave
Once YOU are in a band thats as famous and successful as they are THEN you can come back and whine.

Now get out.

They complain about playing the guitar? How can you not see that's ridiculous? They don't have real problems or issues. These are tiny things comparitively to other people.
Quote by ClementWave

Now get out.

I can't tell wether you're being sarcastic or not.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by saphrax

They complain about playing the guitar? How can you not see that's ridiculous? They don't have real problems or issues. These are tiny things comparitively to other people.

Doesn't matter what they do, its their livelihood and people sometimes have problems concerning their occupation.
I play guitar everyday for fun and they bitch about it like its a fukking job.

GTFO

Go bury your head into your overpriced linens on your overpriced pillow and sob your fukking heart out you pussy. I wish all those lyrics I have laying around and all those riffs I had sitting in my head made me rich and I didn't have to rot at work daily getting bitched out.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru

GTFO

Go bury your head into your overpriced linens on your overpriced pillow and sob your fukking heart out you pussy. I wish all those lyrics I have laying around and all those riffs I had sitting in my head made me rich and I didn't have to rot at work daily getting bitched out.

BAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW
Quote by ClementWave
Doesn't matter what they do, its their livelihood and people sometimes have problems concerning their occupation.

They have had tremendous luck getting as famous as they are. they get most of their money through live shows, and they have no right to complain about people downloading. It happens to every artist, and it's not like they're taking a massive loss.

And, saphrax > You.

EDIT: Nebiru said it better than I did.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
They have had tremendous luck getting as famous as they are. they get most of their money through live shows, and they have no right to complain about people downloading. It happens to every artist, and it's not like they're taking a massive loss.

And, saphrax > You.

EDIT: Nebiru said it better than I did.

uhoh, someone has an opinion on the internet
Haha, maybe it's just so hard for them because they suck. They need to try extra extra extra hard to sound decent. Poor bastards.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by ClementWave
uhoh, someone has an opinion on the internet

Yeah. It's not fact, so don't fucking act like it is.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by saphrax
You're the one who advertises that fact...

Shrimp dicks are always opiniated man. They have to force their ego onto people somehow.
Quote by CTFOD
Yeah. It's not fact, so don't fucking act like it is.

Sorry i cant hear you over the sound of how content i am about your reaction
Quote by ClementWave
Sorry i cant hear you over the sound of how content i am about your reaction

That's the worst response I've ever heard.

And y'know what, i'm not going to get drawn into this anymore. Let's just say Kings of leon are crybabys, ClementWave's opinion is void and move on.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by Vader, Darth
The Dark Lord commands you to cease from slander the Kings.

Seriously.. I ****ing love this guy.
Quote by nebiru

...It is a fukking job?
Quote by Thebiz
...It is a fukking job?

To the Kings of Leon it is.
Quote by j_hunter_hkr

Think I'd rather hear Kings of Leon's album than your collection of shitting noises
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by saphrax

And you're bitching about having to spend less than £10 to buy their music when people all around the world spend each night wondering when their next meal is going to come, or when their children will die of disease, or how they'll take care of disabled parents, or how they'll afford to pay for anti-retrovirals, etc. etc.

Go cry yourself to ****ing sleep. Everyone's got something to complain about, but since their complaint is about someone breaking the law, I'd hazard a guess it's 100% more relevant than the fact most people are ****ing cheapskates.
Quote by tommyt
you see what youve done draken youve unleashed airplay upon unsuspecting teens, damn you and your self righteous reportyness

buttsecks?

"Cookies? Who said you could eat *my* cookies?!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Quote by nebiru
To the Kings of Leon it is.

yeah, they earn a living from what is a hobby to most people.

Quote by airplay
And you're bitching about having to spend less than £10 to buy their music when people all around the world spend each night wondering when their next meal is going to come, or when their children will die of disease, or how they'll take care of disabled parents, or how they'll afford to pay for anti-retrovirals, etc. etc.

Go cry yourself to ****ing sleep. Everyone's got something to complain about, but since their complaint is about someone breaking the law, I'd hazard a guess it's 100% more relevant than the fact most people are ****ing cheapskates.

that's not relevant, Bono. They take their good fortune for granted and look for things to moan about.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Last edited by CTFOD at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by Thebiz
...It is a fukking job?

Not one to complain about though. I wish it was a job for me.

They are a bunch of wankers
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by airplay

No, not at all. I'm complaining that they whine about playing guitar and writing riffs, and not getting paid enough.

I'm more than aware of the struggles families face financially, I was bought up in a very similar family.

Also, no to having to spend £10 on their music either. I don't like their music at all to be honest.
Quote by ClementWave

Now get out.

If they don't like it then they can get office jobs and shut the hell up.
Quote by ClementWave
it sure is opinion-y in here

What the sweet fuck is that supposed to mean?
Quote by LordBishek
What the sweet fuck is that supposed to mean?

Basically he's upset cos people have a different opinion to his.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by DieYouBastard
Dammit, you just made me hate Kings of Leon.

me too.
Just when I was liking their new album.
Quote by ClementWave
BAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW

Smae could be said for Kings Of Leon.
F*ckers don't know how lucky they are.
wow ClementWave, you can have a go at people on the internet who express a belief that differs from yours. Oh how I wish my penis was as big as yours

Sanity is not statistical
Is that seriously the best argument they could come up with?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Page 1 of 2