Ive tried the 333 a few days ago and I fell in love with it, I was just wondering though, would it be suitable for bedroom practise? Im having my doubts...
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Probably not, but you should take it to the Bugera thread
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
It's not exactly a bedroom amp, but like all metal amps it gets its gain from the preamp, not the power amp. So honestly your tone won't really take a hit by playing it at bedroom levels, so I'd go for it. It's not like there are similar amps in the price range that are that much quieter.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Well Its a really big amp and unless I join a band sumtime in the next year or 2, I would'nt be using it above 1 - 2 volume.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Instead of the Bugera I was thinking the Epi Valve Junior and a MXR 10 band EQ & Distotion/OD pedal of some sort. Would that be a good bedroom setup?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by 666_Pounder
Well 5 watts is alot more bedroom friendly than 120

haha it sounds to me like a better plan because ive got a £400 budget so, the epi VJ combo will be 80 and ill get an EQ of some sort and a OD. The rest of my savings can go towards a new guitar??

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
I have a similar issue having downsized and amp yet to decide on an amp, but need something small. Would most people recommend a small setup like that one
Fender Texas Special Strat
PRS SE Singlecut
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby
Vox VT30
My 6260 sounds decent at bedroom levels. But if you aren't playing in a band I wouldn't recommend it.
get an attenuator?

i love my weber and it works nicely
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by 12joey.c12
Instead of the Bugera I was thinking the Epi Valve Junior and a MXR 10 band EQ & Distotion/OD pedal of some sort. Would that be a good bedroom setup?

Not for metal, you will be disappointed.

You can use a Bugera at bedroom levels no problem.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
What about with a metal muff? Would that be able to play metal?

EDIT = Thinking about it Im not sure if its worth the bugera just for bedroom levels, since it is 120 watts valve.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Last edited by 12joey.c12 at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by 12joey.c12
What about with a metal muff? Would that be able to play metal?

a metal muff and a epi vj will work for metal. i would also suggest a eq and a reverb pedal. and swapping the preamp tube to a 12at7.
Quote by mmjohn
a metal muff and a epi vj will work for metal. i would also suggest a eq and a reverb pedal. and swapping the preamp tube to a 12at7.

First off, that will sound like a glorified SS practice amp, specifically a hybrid. I don't get what the hell is with the craze of using 5 watters and pedals to do stuff other then clean and blues and maybe some classic rock. Secondly you're using pedals to cover the amp's true sound rather than letting the amp shine through. Third, what's the point of the 12AT7? He wants higher gain, that'd just be setting him back. Fourth, with all the money you'd be spending on the amp + pedals + tube, you could get a Peavey Mini Colossal. Which is a 5 watter that actualy should be doing metal.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I dont neccecairily want a 5 watt practise amp. Im looking at laneys and the like. Theyre 15 - 30 watts

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Last edited by 12joey.c12 at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by Sonicxlover
First off, that will sound like a glorified SS practice amp, specifically a hybrid. I don't get what the hell is with the craze of using 5 watters and pedals to do stuff other then clean and blues and maybe some classic rock. Secondly you're using pedals to cover the amp's true sound rather than letting the amp shine through. Third, what's the point of the 12AT7? He wants higher gain, that'd just be setting him back. Fourth, with all the money you'd be spending on the amp + pedals + tube, you could get a Peavey Mini Colossal. Which is a 5 watter that actualy should be doing metal.

doesn't sound at all like a ss...............and the 12at7 alot smother more clean headroom and when your using a pedal the break up is sweet the 12ax7 is a little to buzzy. don't knock what you never tried sometimes it's ok to listen. the mini is 500 bucks and the 8" speaker will be a handicap.
Last edited by mmjohn at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by mmjohn

+1
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I find the 333XL does just fine at lower volumes for metal, plus if and when you do decide to start gigging, you already have a gig ready amp at your fingertips.