Why is it that when I use a effect pedal to boost the guitar signal in front of the amp it doesn't not function like a normal amp would - giving a overdriven tone. Instead my Vox AD50VT produces a muffled sound when exposed to pedal boost/distortion as if it isn't willing to go over a certain level of overall volume.
Does this have something to do with the "wattage limiter" at the back. Would the effects work "normally" if I setted the control to full?

EDIT: I realised how stupid it was to ask that last one when I could take an empirical test!
The results: I think it worked! So now I'm banning the whole wattage control thing >: (

But still can someone explain me why the control supresses the tone?
Last edited by taatelikoira at Sep 17, 2008,
I'm guessing it works like some kind of variac or something and sucks the tone directly off the front of your signal (right before it comes out the speakers, which is exactly where you don't want tone suckage).

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
its only a tube pre-amp, its not all tube, so its not going to react like a real tube amp would.. ie reaching the overdriver tone, and clipping at the power tubes (which you have none of)
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
next to never, because theres only one tube in it, and its a 12ax7 for the pre-amp...this amp is not all tube! you wont have to replace that tube for a very long time if ever....maybe if it becomes microphonic but that isnt just going to come out of the blue.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
I don't even know where to start in this thread. This can't be serious.....
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Last edited by nebiru at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by htsktim91989
next to never, because theres only one tube in it, and its a 12ax7 for the pre-amp...this amp is not all tube! you wont have to replace that tube for a very long time if ever....maybe if it becomes microphonic but that isnt just going to come out of the blue.

I found a tube change to be advantageous after a couple of years, i also found that the best tube to use is the electro harmonix tube that is already in the amp from stock. this is open to opinion though
I changed out the stock tube in mine after about 6 months of owning it for a sovtek 12ax7Lps, I noticed quite a difference in some of the amp models, and have never been happier with mine.

I changed it because I felt like the tone had started to sound more digital and thin than when I had first bought the amp. After the switch I haven't had any problems out of it.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'