Yo, another question for astronomy. We are about to learn of Einstein and I need five interesting facts about his life and at least 2 facts about science discoveries he is recognized for. Sources of information would be appreciated. Thanks!
If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and depart.
-Socrates-
Google, Wikipedia.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Mass-Energy equivalence, and general + special relativity.
Oh George... Oh George.

That Texas education must've fucked you up when you very small.

Too true, Roger. Too True.
google is your friend
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Seriously. The Pit is not your personal home assignment finisher...

Oh. And since you've already had your advice - delete the thread?

Have a nice day, Sir!
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

E=MC^2 obviously.

Check out his theory of relativity. And I'll say it again: Wikipedia + Google is your friend.

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR

If you want three interesting facts about his life that have nothing to do with science then here:

1. He had to carry a spair pair of pants around till he was 25. (lol I guess the best of us have occasional accidents.
2. He married his cousin.
3. He didn't talk till he was two and he said "my soup is too hot+. His parents were shocked that he hadn't talked simply because he didn't need too.
he was....german? i believe
i could be wrong
and this is why im not a scientist, a physicist, a teacher or a librarian
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
He came up with the theories of general and special relativity. You might want to explain these...if you haven't already discussed them in Phsyics yet. Special relativity was one of our big topics last year. Quite interesting, and huge equations :P.

Also, if I remember correctly, he kinda sucked in school.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Last edited by HuckIt at Sep 17, 2008,
He didn't talk until age 3 or 4. His parents were thinking that he might be a retard. I guess he proved them wrong.
Look up the photo-electric effect. Contrary to popular belief, it was his work on this that got him the Nobel price, not special relativity. It was also probably a more useful discovery, as it paved the way for quantum physics to break out of the niche it was in up till then.
Einstein discovered relativity at the same time as someone else, but that someone else gave him the rights to call it his discovery instead. Big mistake

His name escapes me. Begins with an S.
He never bothered to remember names, special dates, or phone numbers because he didn't want to take up his "mental space" with nonsense.
Quote by Trefellin
His penis was larger than that of Fergus mac Róich.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
"Son, always carry a medical glove in your pocket in case you wind up in a bathroom that has no toilet paper, and you get constipated."
Are you really that dependent on UG? Is it really easier for you to come here and post in this god forsaken forum and deal with thousands of assholes rather than to do a quick google search?
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Are you really that dependent on UG? Is it really easier for you to come here and post in this god forsaken forum and deal with thousands of assholes rather than to do a quick google search?

That inspires me to write an epic tale, about a brave warrior's journey to a realm forsaken by God where he battles a ferocious demon with thousands of assholes.
Google is good, and sure, I could do it myself and probably should. But the Pit comes up with stuff that I would only fine on the tenth page of a google search in a link on the page itself...It is extra credit and not entirely worth my time. I enjoy the pit and like to see what you guys come up with. Now, if you don't mind, I shall so screw you to the ones who did nothing, thanks for the laughs to those who caused them, and good job to those who know stuff that google would take forever to find. The pit is a special sort of intilect that you can't find elsewhere. Especially on a school/work friendly site.
If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and depart.
-Socrates-
Quote by Mad_BOB
Look up the photo-electric effect. Contrary to popular belief, it was his work on this that got him the Nobel price, not special relativity. It was also probably a more useful discovery, as it paved the way for quantum physics to break out of the niche it was in up till then.

this is true. Einstein took Max Plancks ideas and expanded on them and by doing so created the idea of "photons"
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
He took the ideas of Pontecaire (sp?) of relativity and expanded on them (or created them all himself, even though Pontecaire did some works and papers before)...
Then he improved pointcare's paradox (about lorenz transformations or something like that) and formulated mass-equivalence formula...

And he did some weird stuff I can't remember...
He had a drug & alcohol problems as a teen
UG's most Die Hard Rock n' Roller, hands down.

Sex, Drugs & Rock n' Roll.
You asked The Pit for info about Einstein?!
Surely searching on Google is FAR more efficient?
Irony FTW.

Quote by The Dance Hat
Technology is completely unnecessary and complicates life.

The Gear

Ibanez XPT 700
Laney Hardcore MXD 30