What brand amp do you like and why
GO!!
It is still my opinion that a lightning rod atop of a church shows a lack of confidence.

Quote by watchingmefall
Love has no boundaries. Except maybe dead people and liking your mom.
Brand: Ashdown
Reason: Cheap & Good

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Vintage Ampeg why there loud and have sick tone (guitar and bass amps) 1970 - 1983
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
Peavey

Cheap, transparent sound and are built like a tank.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Ebs

Hard wearing with awesome sound!! evrey one should get one.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by jb_reborn
Ashdown
Awsome tone, Awsome quality, Awsome price.
Pure british beef.

/\ What he said.
Ashdown. This should be obvious really: versatile, good value for price, outstanding sound. Everything is perfect
Orange.... because it's orange lol
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
So what if you wanna put down some cash on the amp? What brand should you get then?
Everyone keeps saying that they like X brand because it's cheap.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Eden.

Cos they're bloody expensive and worth it.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by jb_reborn
Ashdown
Awsome tone, Awsome quality, Awsome price.
Pure british beef.

Pure british beef born and raised in china.......
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by Nutter_101
Eden.

Cos they're bloody expensive and worth it.

That's the spirit.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by shinhoman
Pure british beef born and raised in china.......
Yea there MAG series are made in china, but Ashdown's AMB series are still made in the UK. Too bad their ABM series is a tad too expensive.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Hartke HA series because they are really well priced, really versatile and stu hamm uses one
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
Hartke HA series because they are really well priced, really versatile and stu hamm uses one

+1. I'm borrowing an HA 3500 right now, it sounds really good and has 12-band eq.
Acoustic.

AB50. and my dream AB300. to be made one day...

and tone. I like the tone on it. and also, price, because it has it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity

AB50. and my dream AB300. to be made one day...

Just wait till I buy my AB200, then a week later the 300 production will be made just in spite of me.

My favorite brand amp? Well it would be a tie between Acoustic and Peavey, both for the same reason, tone.
Ampeg... Do I need a reason?
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Currently using a cube 100 but I have my eye set on a trace elliot 715 bass combo
great sound and easy enugh to transport to gigs
Anything FET powered... tube or not. It beats ampeg in weight and tone. Plus, SVT classics are ugly.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
I like my Ashdown. I'll eventually get a MarkBass or Genz Benz or similar to replace it.
I love SWRs. They sound so... professional? Love the transparency too.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Hands down Marshall.

Good Sound, Great versatility.

A little pricey though.
Quote by FenderAmpeg93
Yea there MAG series are made in china, but Ashdown's AMB series are still made in the UK. Too bad their ABM series is a tad too expensive.

My ABM arrived a few days ago, and it is made in china :S i feel like i got raped.

EDIT: Still SOunds bloody amazing tho.
Quote by shampooboy37
Orange.... because it's orange lol

Amen to that. the vintage sound they have is also pretty cool.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Quote by fatgoogle
Ebs

Hard wearing with awesome sound!! evrey one should get one.

THIS.

EBS are an amazing, underrated company.
If I could afford an EBS amp, I'd own one. I currently use an EBS microbass II and it is lovely.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by jb_reborn
My ABM arrived a few days ago, and it is made in china :S i feel like i got raped.

EDIT: Still SOunds bloody amazing tho.
Oh...I guess those pictures in the ashdown club on Talkbass must be models from when Ashdown still made their amps in the UK. *Checks Ashdown site* Apparently they only make their Classic series, a step up from the ABM, in the UK. Meh, well it dosen't matter where a product is made. What matters is how well it's made. Sorry man. I'd be pissed if I bought Ashdown's pricey ABM series only to find out it's made in the same factory as the MAGs. It's like the Fender Standards; sure it's made in mexico and plays well, but you won't feel like you have a real Fender until you see Made in U.S.A. on the headstock.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
I'm a huge Mesa/Boogie fan. My amp, the Bass 400, has a very clean, pure, and strong tone that still retains a lot of character. One day, I hope to load it up with KT88 power tubes, bias adjustment pots, and a nice shockmount rack case. I'd really like to get my hands on one of the Walkabout Scout combos, with a 1x15 speaker. Mesa also made my favorite cabinets, the old Electro-Voice loaded 2x15 and 1x15 models in the 90's. Bad. Ass. I really wish I could find some in my area.

Outside my fascination with Mesa, I really like Gallien-Krueger, particularly the 800RB. Despite my love for the Bass 400, I think the 800RB is the most perfect bass amp ever devised. Plenty loud, super reliable, and very toneful. It's definately one of the warmer SS amps out there; when you crank the Boost knob it gets a nice hairy grind in the tone. It's also very powerful for a 300-watt solid state amp.

As far as Ampeg.... I'm not a fan. The only amp I like of theirs is the SVT-II non-pro. Their heads aren't that great, and their cabs blow. That kind of rhymed.....yo. The vintage stuff sounds decent, but there's a huge issue with portability....
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez