Changing batteries in an active pickup? How is it done? Where is the battery located, I am referring to a jackson dinky by the way.
There is a little cavity in the back. Then, you open that up, and change them like any other 9v battery.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, does that guitar even have active pickups?

EDIT: Have you got the one with EMG-HZ pickups? They aren't active.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Sep 17, 2008,
if its aftermarket, theyll put it in the control thing
if you bought it that way, its should have a nice convenient battery compartment
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by Lil Macker
There is a little cavity in the back. Then, you open that up, and change them like any other 9v battery.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, does that guitar even have active pickups?

EDIT: Have you got the one with EMG-HZ pickups? They aren't active.

Look at the dinky DKMG - EMG active pups.

EDIT: and answer to question: there should be a compartment under a plastic lid at the back of the gtr. Usualy you don't even need a screwdriver. The changing is very easy, like when you change bateries in your TV remote controle
TEAR IT DOWN - new EP out now!
Czech death/deathcore/metalcore band
Visit our profile, listen to the new stuff and download for free, if you like it! - songs here!

Visit my youtube profile for some awesome solos - Kiwara's YT
yeah i mean....its changing a battery. take the one one out, put new one in just like the old one was. finding it shouldnt really be hard either...im not seeing where the problem is?
Microsoft Works...there's and oxymoron for you.
Quote by eetfuk58
yeah i mean....its changing a battery. take the one one out, put new one in just like the old one was. finding it shouldnt really be hard either...im not seeing where the problem is?

I guess he wants to buy a gtr with active pickups, and is scared a little so he tries to figure out if there are some problems with these gtrs. No there are no, and it should sound a whole lot better.

I've had a crappy guitar, but now ordered one with actives I can't sleep, I'm just all excited and waiting for the shipment
Visit our profile, listen to the new stuff and download for free, if you like it! - songs here!

Quote by Kiwara
Look at the dinky DKMG - EMG active pups.

EDIT: and answer to question: there should be a compartment under a plastic lid at the back of the gtr. Usualy you don't even need a screwdriver. The changing is very easy, like when you change bateries in your TV remote controle

Oh yeah, I was thinking about the DXMG!

They all sound the same. Oh well.

Well, not sound, but sound sound.

Oh right, just shut up!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I just wanted to correct you. You saved your self from a lot of insults and bad words

Quote by Kiwara
I just wanted to correct you. You saved your self from a lot of insults and bad words

Yup, but, you never know, he might have the DXMG!

And I don't know a lot about Jacksons, all I know are the Dinky DKMG and the Dinky DXMG!

Oh well, I'll just stick to the Fender things from now on!
Cam Sampbell's my hero