Ive just started to get into playing harmonica and wondering what make/model/brand to get. Any price up to £20

Cheers
Customized Fender Stratocastor Standard
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Lag GLA200BCE
They're pretty cheap aren't they?
Get two, go nuts.

I don't know about brands, but our local music shop sells about 20 of them, and they're all the same brands. I don't know how much variety you'll get in this country.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Just got a Hohner Marine band special 20. Great little harp. It was like $25 us.
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
thanks and especially thanks Seryaph because you reminded me of another question... what key would be the best/most versatile?
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Lag GLA200BCE
Quote by The-Ben
thanks and especially thanks Seryaph because you reminded me of another question... what key would be the best/most versatile?

probably G
Quote by The-Ben

If you're going for a diatonic (10 hole) you don't get them in major and minors (I think), just in keys. Get a hohner marine band deluxe in C, and remember if you're playing blues you'll be playing cross harp which means on a C harp you'll be playing in a G blues key.
Quote by blynd_snyper
If you're going for a diatonic (10 hole) you don't get them in major and minors (I think), just in keys. Get a hohner marine band deluxe in C, and remember if you're playing blues you'll be playing cross harp which means on a C harp you'll be playing in a G blues key.

What they said. I find my ten hole in C works for anything I need
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
Hohner special 20s are great. I have seven of them.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
hohners are the best, but they might put you back a little. the next best thing for me are the chicago blues harps, and i havent had a problem yet with them, and theyre very affordable.
This is helpful
by the way, is it best to get a 10 hole or more?
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Lag GLA200BCE
I would say yes 10 hole, just an opinion though. It'll help you develope the basics, plus they are cheaper and you can play about anything on it.
Quote by dubstar92
I'd go for a Hohner Golden Melody in C, but a Marine Band would work good too. Lee Oscars are not bad either. And just get a 10-hole diatonic if you're planning on playing blues. C is usually recommended for beginners, and you would play blues in G on it (cross harp). You could also get a D-harp if you want, but you should stick to a harmonica that's not too high or low to begin with.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Last edited by Zox at Sep 20, 2008,