I live in an apartment and i have a guitar body that i've sanded down and want to repaint but i'm not sure how to paint it without getting paint all over the deck and side of the apartment. there is n't anywhere that i could hang it up and paint it, so could i tape the sides and spray the front and then after thats dry the back and then tape those off and paint the sides? or should i try and find some way to hang it up so i can spray around the whole thing at once?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
LOL good question. I always thought that you could just paint on side at a time on some newspaper of something, and when it dries, you can paint the next side. I never was too sure about that though. I'd like to know the answer too!
i turned my shower into a paint room while i painted my bass, it works quite well just go to the local hardwarestore and buy some weather barrier plastic and hang it around the shower and hang the guitar body off of something such as the shower curtain rod or the showerhead.
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
dude i didn't even think about the shower, that's a freaking great idea!
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
Get a cardboard box (big box that the body can fit in) and place it on the deck outside or whatever. Hang the body from a hanger that you pass through the box (like a window) which you can swivel around to get the back and the front. Spray into the box, obviously. You might have to newspaper the back of the box, like i sometimes do, or newspaper the wall you are spraying against.

I did this for my bass and it worked wonderfully.
hmm thats a good idea too.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
anybody have any better ideas
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
ok well all my sanding is done and i'm going to start priming and painting tomm.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr