I have a Wilkinson VS50II trem. When i do large bends, my bridge starts to move like when i do some whammy dive. It starts somewhere between a whole and 1,5 step bend.
Is that normal?
Should i insert my remaining spring into the bridge?
A device called trem-setter will prevent this from happening and make bending easier, but you won't be able to to chord flutters with the whammy bar.
Quote by forsaknazrael
On guitars equipped with trems, yes, I'd say that's normal. The bridge is always going to counteract your bend, if you've got a trem.

Adjust to it, bend harder.

Ok thats fine, i thought that my bridge have some problem.
I got a tremsetter in my guitar im playing now, the bridge dosn't move when you bend. it is harder to bend though. more stable tuning also. for pros and cons.
Thats a huge reason why I prefer fixed bridges. But between my floating bridge guitars, my floyd does it the most, my Kahler much less, and my fender trem the least.
Yeah you could just have a makeshift block to put in there for songs with a lot of bending and stuff. The only other thing that i could think of as maybe working (aside from the aforementioned tremsetter) is adding more springs but i dont think you would want to.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, blocking the trem will prevent the bridge from moving, obviously, it will also prevent you from using the trem.

That's why i said to just make a makeshift one to throw in when playing a song with a lot of bending like GNR and Zep or something. I don't mean block it indefinitely.
Honestly if i did block a trem i'd just get some plywood or scrap wood of some kind then like tape it or something to protect the finish and jam it in there.
I used to block a trem with a piece of wood in my crappy Squier, but i don't want to block my Cort's trem. So i just have to getting use to it.

Anyway, if i would put an additional spring in, would it mess with the guitars setup?