hey im in high school, and i need to do a science fair project. My teacher told me to do it on something i like, so i picked the guitar. but, i dont know what there is to do. The project has to be based on the scientific method- hypothesis, research, expirement etc. so i need something to experiment and collect data from. also, IT CANNOT BE WHY OR HOW THINGS WORK. please post suggestions, thank you
How strings are made?
How the pick-ups pick up vibrations?
How they make different pitches when you move up and down the fret board?
Don't duplicate threads
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
different metal to use for strings to see whats best for volume and length of note held etc.
different wood for sounds
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Do an experiment on overtones :P
How many people can hear them (and how many of them can they hear?).. does it make any difference if you play them a harmonic? (bring pythagoras into that)

Or you could do an experiment of using electric strings on an acoustic.... how does it affect the sound? Can harmonics still be used easily?

In discussion question or conclusion: Why does it affect the sound in this way? what can you do to overcome this?

i'm in highschool too, I wish my teacher let me do a science prac on guitars. :P
Quote by The_Sophist
Don't duplicate threads

sorry, when i made the last thread, i left out some stuff, so most of the replies were useless, and since people wouldnt go back to the old one i made a new one which tells everyone what i need, but most of them didnt even look at the damned thing, saying how things are made even the i said no hows or whys