dear UG ,

so i've got 2 options left, a roland cube 30X+dunlop crybaby GCB-95
or the roland cube 20X+ morley bad horsie 2 wah

i'm counting on you UG
Last edited by constructbot at Sep 19, 2008,
Because I reckon the Bad Horsie is a better wah, I'd go for the second combination.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by forsaknazrael
Don't get the Cube 20.

What's the purpose of this? Solely for bedroom practice, or planning to use this in a band situation now/in the future?

why not the Cube 20? I was thinking of getting one.
k, but on the official roland website it says :''Powerful COSM® onboard''
i'm speaking of the 20x ofc
I prefer the Morley wah, and i assume the 30x is beter, so i'd go with that option.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

well thnx i hope my local store sells bad horsie 2's, but ill try the roland 30 nonetheless
Quote by forsaknazrael
Hey, maybe they say it does, but from what I know, it doesn't have the same models as what's on the Microcube/Cube 30/Cube 60.

damn, so the micro cube has COSM and the 20 doesn't ? thats blasphemy
EDIT: I could also get a cube 60....i've been playing for 1 year, mostly metallica.Do i really need a wah or do u guys think a 60 is much better for me now?
I own a cube 30 and i think its a great practice amp. the 60 doesn't do all that more. its louder obviosuly and has footswitchable delay/reverb but doesn;t have the inbuilt tuner or powere squeezer i think it has a cople of extra dials too like presence and a bright switch, but otherwise its pretty much the same, for bedroom practice you dont need 60 watts tho. 30 is plenty loud enough.
If you need/use a wah pedal yea, if you don't then no. Try one out and see if you would want one.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I think the 60 is a better investment in the long run. You'll have the gear needed to play in a band.
Besides, you already have a practice amp now, right? Why upgrade to another practice amp?
Every bedroom guitarist should aspire to play onstage.

i have a practise amp... sp10 squier that is.
and yea id love to be in a band
Quote by symanoy
I own a cube 30 and i think its a great practice amp. the 60 doesn't do all that more. its louder obviosuly and has footswitchable delay/reverb but doesn;t have the inbuilt tuner or powere squeezer i think it has a cople of extra dials too like presence and a bright switch, but otherwise its pretty much the same, for bedroom practice you dont need 60 watts tho. 30 is plenty loud enough.

right i saw that too,strange though they left a couple of great functions out of the cube 60...
And when you get to the price of a new Cube 60, $395, there are a lot of better amps used for the price. What kind of music do you play and would you buy used gear? If so, what part of the world do you live in - near what major city?
Quote by forsaknazrael
^But within that budget, for metal? I dunno..

Got this for $360... Craigslist is like crack I swear.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hughes-Kettner-Edition-Tube-20th-Anniversary-Model-Combo-Amp?sku=480426

But forsaken, I do get your point. New it's the best option. (Easy there VK112 owners) Looking around used, you never know what you find. I see RG50tc's for $400 or just under fairly often.
well i live in Holland so prices are rly different there a roland 60 is like €300 here.
is the cube 60 only better in wattage or is the sound alot better too?

thnx for all the replies guys
The second option. i only say this because of the Wah, i dont really know much about Roland Cubes though.
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
Marshall TSL601 Limited Edition Racing Green
Quote by constructbot
well i live in Holland so prices are rly different there a roland 60 is like €300 here.
is the cube 60 only better in wattage or is the sound alot better too?

thnx for all the replies guys

It sounds the same. It's just about how long this invesment will last - I think the Cube 60 is more worthwhile. No point in upgrading to another practice amp, I think.
omg guys, i made a mistake, i typed the cube 30+morley instead of 20 + morley, should i still take the 30+ crybaby?
A crybaby's an OK wah pedal, and you can mod it later if you're not happy with it, so I vote Cube 30 and Crybaby.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
A crybaby's an OK wah pedal, and you can mod it later if you're not happy with it, so I vote Cube 30 and Crybaby.

is it hard to mod it?will it cost me? thnx