Not too much to explain, just that when I hit the open/eject button, it just does like that random clicking/humming noise that's normal for computers, but it won't open.

Help?
Check out my music, if you please.
There is an easy solution for this:

Wooden baseball bat + CD drive that won't open = open CD drive.

Try it.
Restart. Then try it.

If not do it manually. Should be a tiny hole near the drive, stick a pin in and reset it? Then it should come out. Works for me anyways.
Crow bar anyone?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
There is always the option of opening your computer and going inside to find out, but you really shouldn't do that if you aren't experienced.
Do that little hole reset thingy.
Wait, so you made a thread about it?

1:Take out CD drive
2:Buy new CD drive
3:Install new CD drive
4:???
5:PROFIT!
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Quote by BaconFrenzy117
Wait, so you made a thread about it?

1:Take out CD drive
2:Buy new CD drive
3:Install new CD drive
4:???
5:PROFIT!

Well, obviously...

Besides, today's the first day I get to listen to Death Magnetic...

EDIT: The little hole thing worked.

Thanks.

Check out my music, if you please.
It's happened to me before. Switch your computer off, then on again and it'll work.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
You have to open the drive and see what is making it not eject. It happened to my laptop and I took everything apart and found a little piece of plastic stuck in between the gears. It worked fine after I fixed it.

You should only do this if you are comfortable with taking apart and putting back electronics. CD drives are fairly safe though - you should be fine.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
did you ask nicely?
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by rigiddigits
Restart. Then try it.

If not do it manually. Should be a tiny hole near the drive, stick a pin in and reset it? Then it should come out. Works for me anyways.
I did not know about that.

Muchos useful info
my cd went crazy for a couple of weeks, opening and closing like crazy i almost did what Våd Hamster is suggesting