Basically, I don't play anything that would classify as 'electric' anymore. I suck at writing songs that would be considered 'rock' songs and I have more fun playing mellow/acoustic stuff, so I'm thinking about trading in all my electric gear and buying a nice new acoustic guitar, or a used one that's in really good condition. :P

I'm just wondering what I could get for around the price stated in the title. I'm not too acoustic smart with brands, etc, so I'd like to receive some input, please.

Thanks!
Shell out for a Larrivee...made in BC, glorious solid woods, they play better than $1600 Taylors, Martins, etc. You can get a dreadnought for $900 probably...I've had the pleasure of playing a D-03R (Rosewood back and sides) and the L-03, both were very pleasing.
keep playing electric. i frown on your grampa guitars.
"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."
- Dr. Dre
In that price range Seagull and Takamine are hard to beat, so be sure to check those out. I'm sure people with more experience than I can give you more ideas to run with too
Quote by thomaserak
keep playing electric. i frown on your grampa guitars.

You. You're in the wrong forum. Go away.

Anyway... Seagull, Takamine, and Epiphone Masterbilt series guitars are great choices.

Brands to avoid are ibanez, fender, and ovation(only buy american made ovations).

Brands to avoid at this price range is Martin and Taylor. In this price range, their guitars are made of subpar materials.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Get Breedlove. I know I've said this before, but honestly, Breedloves are the best guitars in their price range.
Any more suggestions? I have yet to trade in any gear yet, but if/when i do, I'll have a more exact price range (money from trade/money from working)
Quote by damole
takamine, just cuz i have one and i wont feel loney

see, now THIS is the perfect answer as to what guitar I should get.

In all seriousness though, this is what I've been looking at so far that has really caught my eye.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Takamine-EG523SC-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=516302

It looks amazing and it's got great reviews not only on MF but at Harmony Central as well. Price is right there in my range as well.. And I love that jumbo shape.
Last edited by Guerrilla Radio at Sep 18, 2008,
Takamine makes great guitars. Playability is always superb on a takamine.
Equipment:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!11!11!!!

Yeah, that seems like the most likely candidate right now. I'm diggin' the jumbo body, the price is just right (BOB BARKER >-> and it is downright beautiful.
I hope you don't seriously mean that. My friend has a 100 series and I laugh at him every time I hear his guitar because it lacks any and all tonal complexity. It definitely DOES NOT sound like a more expensive taylor. If it did then Taylor would really suck as a guitar maker. It's not that the 100 series is a bad guitar, it's just that it's not worth the $850 CAD. Maybe $400 is more befitting.
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
I hope you don't seriously mean that. My friend has a 100 series and I laugh at him every time I hear his guitar because it lacks any and all tonal complexity. It definitely DOES NOT sound like a more expensive taylor. If it did then Taylor would really suck as a guitar maker. It's not that the 100 series is a bad guitar, it's just that it's not worth the $850 CAD. Maybe $400 is more befitting.

I am serious, either the one I played at GC was mislabeled or something because the only slightly noticeable difference I heard was slight bit of low end difference. I spent probably about 30 minutes comparing it to other guitars in the room and it was just as good as most.
Well, with all the opinions everybody is throwing out here, I'm gonna have to go to my nearest music shop and try some out. Hopefully they'll have all the brands that have been mentioned here. :P

Sucks. Guitar center is 120+ miles away from me.

Now I'm just hoping that I'll be able to get a good amount of money for all my other equipment. I've got an Epi SG in reaaallly good condition (regular wear and tear of playing) with EMGs + a $70 case, a line 6 Spider II 120W amp ($300 orig., I know, I'm disgusted as well,) and the accompanying footswitch ($100).

Hopefully that will be very damn close to $600 so I can just chalk up the rest of the money right then and there. The case and whatnot will come later on when I earn more cash.
Last edited by Guerrilla Radio at Sep 19, 2008,
Quote by Baby Joel
Get Breedlove. I know I've said this before, but honestly, Breedloves are the best guitars in their price range.

i agree with this 100% breddloves are pretty much a amazing guitar.