they feel like, dirty or slimy or something. like when you have a squire with shitty strings.
its an epiphone silverburst les paul custom. i change the strings on it once every other week. is there any type of polish or techniques to clean them that will make them feel like normal frets? i know theres fret polish, but it makes them feel greesed up and then you get it all over your fingers.
Last edited by Brokntragedy at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by Brokntragedy
they feel like, dirty or slimy or something. like when you have a squire with shitty strings.
its an epiphone silverburst les paul custom. i change the strings on it once every other week. is there any type of polish or techniques to clean them that will make them feel like normal frets? i know theres fret polish, but it makes them feel greesed up and then you get it all over your fingers.

first off, 2 weeks is way too often to change strings. secondly, you wipe off the the polish when you finish
i found out its the rectangle inlays that feel sticky/slimy. if any one else can answer that.
IDK...maybe you just have slimey mucousy sweat...you could also try a fretboard cleaning product from your local music/guitar shop.
If you have large frets, your fingers shouldnt be touching the inlays anyways.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by yomoma21
first off, 2 weeks is way too often to change strings. secondly, you wipe off the the polish when you finish

You're an idiot. Just because you can't hear the tone difference between brand new strings and 2 week old strings doesn't mean other people can't. In fact, i play a good amount everyday and I can hear that crystal clear tone start to flatten out after a few days, and I change strings once every week usually. ( Yes I know, you can't afford to buy them every 2 weeks because you live with your mother and don't have a job)
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
first: ^ jesus, pretty harsh for expessing an opinion.

second: T.S. is sounding pretty noobie (no offense meant) at this so its probably good advice to let him know that changing every 2 weeks may be a bit much.
its perfectly normal to change strings often. i play alot. and i hate having sick feeling strings.

my hands dont sweat for anything so thats the reason. its just the pearl inlays feeling funny compaired to the wood. im not used to having bigger frets, i used to play a gibson SG faded with tiny moon inlays, so maybe im just noticing the inlays more often.