I'd like to be able to go smoothly from one level of distortion to another without the use of multiple pedals. Is there any company that makes expression pedals with distortion circuitry, or would I have to build such a device myself?
a volume pedal into a cranked tube amp/pedal....?
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Volume knob on guitar?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I use my GT-8 to do this, it's a multi effects that allows you to assign any variable (like distortion level, gain, ..) to any switch on the pedalboard, even the expression pedal. You can go smoothly from clean to heavy metal like that
Otherwise, check out the new Ibanez Jemini distortion pedals.. It's not exactly what you're asking for, but it's a pretty versatile pedal, because it's actually two pedals in one..

Cheers
ZeG
The multiFX with expression usually will do it. Or the link posted above. But the volume control on the guitar works pretty well and its free.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Volume knob on guitar?

+ picking dynamics
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I just looked up the Gt-8 and I like that, since I've also been looking for a multi effects pedal, and this has a bunch of other effects I like the looks of. Thanks!

I use picking dynamics and my volume pot to great effect, but I just want a different feel for a couple of songs I've been writing, such as a slow, smooth build up of distortion as I'm playing a part.

EDIT: I just looked at the "Third Hand" pedal...and that's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the link...that would let me keep my beloved Mini Metal Muff...reviews on harmony-central don't look so good in the reliability department, though.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Tone+in+Progress/Third+Hand/10/1
Last edited by godisasniper at Sep 17, 2008,