ive got a fender fm65r amp that i use for band practice and whatnot, sounds like shit, but its alot easier than dragging around my half stack. now tomorrow i am set to record at my roommates school(fullsail, if anyone knows what that is). they have really nice amps..... that we cant use. so i have to bring mine with me. we cannot fit my cab basically.

however i was looking at the front of the fm65r, and it has a: "power in" "pre out" and "footswitch"1/4 jacks on the front. i was wondering if i could use my head on the amp to get a better tone for the recording. the head is a fender roc pro 1000.

the specs are (the 1/2's are ohm signs but they didnt come through, so 8 and 4 ohms respectively):

NOMINAL LEVEL: 100mV
POWER OUTPUT: 69W into 8½ at 5% THD
94W into 4½ at 5% THD

so if i ran a chord from the 8 ohm jack on the back, to the power in? or.....? will it even work? is it worth it? will i damage anything? i know the fm65r is 65 watts... seems like as long as i dont blast it i should be fine.

thanks for the help.
If your hear has an effects loop you could run the preamp out into the power amp in on the fender, but otherwise, youll have to disconect the speaker and plug it in through that..
use a cable from the preamp out on the head into the power amp in on your fender, but youd have to connect the head up to a attenuator or something so the load inst going nowhere, it wont sound the same, but youll be using the heads pre amp.

I cant garuntee it being safe though, so have a look around first.

Otherwise unplug the fenders speaker and run your head into them (as long as they can handle the power and match the ohms, which i reccomend much more.
damn, i might see what i can do about moving my cab, cause its not my little amp, so i dont wana risk blowing it, and REALLY dont want to record with it. this is when i wish i had a 2x12 cab or even a 1x12 100watt box.
let it buy you dinner and a movie...

Sorry with a thread title like that you have to expect this response sooner or later. I'm backing beckyjc. Check the speaker wattage and ohm rating to be sure it can handle the output of the head. Then connect a 1/4 jack to the speakers and go straight to the speakers from your head.
Quote by gregs1020
let it buy you dinner and a movie...

Sorry with a thread title like that you have to expect this response sooner or later.

i dont exactly follow what you mean by dinner and a movie, but ok.

I'm backing beckyjc. Check the speaker wattage and ohm rating to be sure it can handle the output of the head. Then connect a 1/4 jack to the speakers and go straight to the speakers from your head.

well, its a 65w amp, speaker says 75w @ 8 ohms. my head puts out 69w @ 8 ohms, so i think it would work fine. but i dont think i have the stuff needed, or able to get tonight to do it. so im gonna see where i can cram this 4x12. its not my amp(the little one), its my roommates, and while he is the one recording and wants the best sound we can get out of our half-ass gear, i dont know if tearing his amp apart is the answer.
Quote by chris024
i dont exactly follow what you mean by dinner and a movie, but ok.

Re-read your thread title with an open mind.