Has anyone here put one of these on a Floyd Rose? Is it worth it? And most important can you down tune you guitar? If so how much? Thanks guys!
friend of mine has one on his ibanez, cool little gadget, best used to just lock the trem in place. you cant detune with it, in fact you cant detune any floyd by just bending it forward because the strings dont decrease in tune uniformly, in other words the low E decrease more than the high E over the same dropped distance
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Zeds.Ded
friend of mine has one on his ibanez, cool little gadget, best used to just lock the trem in place. you cant detune with it, in fact you cant detune any floyd by just bending it forward because the strings dont decrease in tune uniformly, in other words the low E decrease more than the high E over the same dropped distance

he said down tune

not detune
oh right, is there a difference?
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
i haven't got one but intend to get one in the near future, and they advertise that you can drop tune when locked off and in dive only mode. how far? as far as your strings would allow i guess

and yes there is a difference

downtuning is tuning the strings lowere than standard pitch e,g drop D, Drop C etc

detuning is simply putting the strings out of tune
So if my guitars is set up in standard tuning, and i lock it down with the tremol no i can down tune it to drop C?
if you drop the E to C the other strings will not be in tune, just drop it to C with the bar and play the other strings and you'll see
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
well if the tremol no keeps the trem from moving then it should keep all the strings in tune. So if that is how it works then it should work. I was just seeing if there was anyone out the would agree with me.
I have one, but the tailpiece at the end is currently bent and keeps popping out of its hole on the back of the trem so it's not working. I need to get it replaced. But yes, it worked very well before this happened. You CAN downtune with it. I had my guitar set up for standard tuning and I was tuned to Drop C using the tremolno.
im over complicating this
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by dubes216
well if the tremol no keeps the trem from moving then it should keep all the strings in tune. So if that is how it works then it should work. I was just seeing if there was anyone out the would agree with me.

yeah, it would work ok as long as your strings weren't like elastic bands, lol. i have one on my legra. it doesn't seem to work just as well with some floyds as others (they've brought out a couple of different versions to fit as many different floyds as possible)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?