ok. i read the sticky, and i dont think im in violation of it. but i need to know if anybody has the Raven RG100 Guitar Combo Amplifier, and what they think of it. i play a lot of metal and rock, but i do play all types of music.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Raven-RG100-100W-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier?sku=481620
link to it^
No it's not worth it, but i'll leave it to others who can be bothered to reccomend you an alternative.

and also, in b4 valveking.
It's a great low-end valve amp which does every style to an average standard rather than excelling in a few. I highly recommend it

EDIT: The Valveking I mean
And yeah it's practically a meme I guess
ohai little sig.
Quote by metalxmania198
valveking? just a dumb UG meme? what is it anyway?

LOL! Dude... It's become a meme just like MG and Spider III xD

Btw,
I am Roope.

Valveking is okay, use hot pickups and an OD with it, or an EQ pedal (or if you can afford it, both) if you want it for metal.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Look it up on Musician's Friend

I am Roope is a meme exclusive to the Only Children of Bodom thread

And it's a decent amp, and there are better ones out there, but I don't know about for that price. The Tube B-52's are good, and so are Bugeras, but there have been reports of problems with both. The B-52 problems might have been solved already, dunno about Bugera. Use Google.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
A little simple math will show its not going to be much of an amp. 2 good speakers is half the cost of the amp. And you dont get much of a 100 watt amp for that price. The big companies are seeing the dollar signs they can make from amps like spiders and MG. In six months there will be many I bought a raven amp and now it...quit working...does crazy things...lost all its volume etc threads. Save your money find something better.
my friend has the RG60, and hates it, its pretty much sh**
the valveking beats its ass
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
ok. budget is a max of like $500, but i want something really worth it if im gonna spend that much. not much bedroom, mostly with other guitarists and small gigs. i play everything, but spend most time playing metal
Okay, then where do you live, because "really worth it" is going to be best found used.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Look on Craiglist used for your area.

Look for used stuff in your town/area.

This one guy one here, got a Marshall JCM 900 + a cabinet for 300$...
no real opinion on solid state vs tube, and i have no problem with used gear as long as it works. id beat the hell out of it on my own, so scratches wont bug me.
Quote by metalxmania198
no real opinion on solid state vs tube, and i have no problem with used gear as long as it works. id beat the hell out of it on my own, so scratches wont bug me.

so where do you live?

Don't judge me.
Quote by metalxmania198
Western Pennsylvania. creepy question much?

Dear Jesus, people are slow. Read the Craigslist post. Craigslist operates by region, so I ask you where you live so I can search Craigslist in your region, not come over and grill your babies.

Don't judge me.
This is why you have seen some of us in the States ask where people live. Craigslist is a great tool and better then eBay if you can find something local to you.

I found those amps I believe the other night helping someone else so get on it!

that JCM I think was $400 with head and cab but still! Guitar Center and other smaller stores carry used gear too so check with them. Get a long list going, narrow down to short list and then come back here and ask for more help.