would it be possible to replace the volume pot in my Ibanez with something with a little more sweep in it, basically with a volume pot from a Fender stratocaster??

thanks.
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
It would change the tone a bit, but sure why not.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
More sweep? They all turn the same amount. You could change the values. If you have 500k pots now using 250ks would give less treble. Its why strat used em to tame the brightness of single coils.
However, when the pots are maxed out, they are virtuually removed from the circuit and therefore make no difference.

And all pots turn the same amount. Well, no, not ALL pots... I have a pot that only turns 180 degrees instead of the 270-ish. No, it's not jammed. It's made like that.
thanks for the comments,

i meant more sweep in the volume from the pot, not the actually the degrees it turns, i should of made that clearer

when i play through my bro's MIM strat, i get better control of the volume, attack and gain than with my Ibanez, just wondered would it be possible to swap pots to get that controllability, would it affect the tone much?
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Are you talking about linear vs. logarithmic taper?

Seriously, this 'sweep' rubbish is making no sense. You can't explain the effect you're trying to obtain by simply repeating your terminology for it.
argh

doesnt matter
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg