Is it possible to install a Push/Pull Bridge-On switch on a Clapton Strat?
So you can get all 7 pickup combinations? Should be. Most people do it so it turns on the neck PU, but that should work, too.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
well, either way. The neck or the bridge pickup. But what's confusing is the active circuity in my Clapton Strat. The diagram I have for adding the push/pull pot is completely different from my guitar. It has the volume control wired to the circuit board, then the circuit board wired to the TBX control and the pot that controls the mid boost level. Then there is a wire going to the "0" position on my 5-way switch. And each pickup is wired to thier respective positions. I'm afraid that adding the push/pull pot will just mess everything up...any suggestions?
I'd like to have all seven positions, that would make my guitar extremely versatile in conjuction with all the other controls.
Ohhhhhh. Hmm. I'm afraid I don't know wiring well enough for that. I'm in SoCal and there's a guy over here who's a wizard with wirings. If by that slim chance you're in the area I can refer you to him. If not maybe you could call him and pay him to do a schematic for you? Should be pretty cheap considering he only charged me like 50 bucks to replace and completely rewire for push/pull my strat.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I think what is going on is that the board is just your booster, or whatever "Clapton-y" it does, and the pickups go into it through the switch, and somewhere in the middle the volume control is soldered on. Basically, find a regular schematic for a bridge on switch, and I can probably transform it into your actives circuit. You're going to have to desolder the volume pot on the board, and find out the type and value of that pot (500KA, 100KB, etc.). Before you do all this though, take pictures of all of the wiring, and the front and back of the board.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster