I have to write a super cool bass riff for this song. I need to know what key this is in.

Guitar 1
e------------------------
B7-7-9-7--------------
G-----------9-----------
D------------------------
A------------------------
E------------------------ x2

e-----------------------
B5-5-7-5-------------
G-----------7----------
D-----------------------
A-----------------------
E----------------------- x2

Guitar 2
e-----------------------
B-----------------------
G99999999---------
D99999999---------
A77777777---------
E-----------------------

e-----------------------
B-----------------------
G77777777---------
D77777777---------
A55555555---------
E-----------------------

Thanks!
Obama '08
that sir is in the key of E major
Quote by Yagushgi
It should be legal to kill each other. That'd put an end to debates and forums like this AND help with population control.
Quote by Vincent745
stfu you stupid ass cracker. go eat some chocolate ass cream.

Quote by RockGuitar92
It appears to be in E Mixolydian but this really should go in Musician Talk, AT isn't really for theory questions.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Sep 17, 2008,
Hey, i've been wondering, when playing in a key or playing in pentatonic, chromatic, or harmonic scales... do i have to stay in those scales? or does it really matter?

help.
Quote by kevinbeingkevin
Hey, i've been wondering, when playing in a key or playing in pentatonic, chromatic, or harmonic scales... do i have to stay in those scales? or does it really matter?

help.

No you don't have to stay within a scale, the only thing that a scale does is give you a set of notes that are likely to sound good as long as the chords are in key; feel free to leave the scale just be aware that you may not end up with anything more than a horrible mess of dischord.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by kevinbeingkevin

help.

Using notes outside a key isn't unusual. I love chromatic lines and altering tones before playing the "right" one. Don't be afraid to use notes outside the key, as long as it sounds good.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Always follow keys strictly so you never make anything original.