Anyone been to the new branches whatever they are called now? i went to reddog which is one of the offshoots and its all the same staff still arrogant as hell and totally retarded. i asked to try the dual recto while pointing at it..and the guy was like we dont have any of those sorry.
See the thread about Reverb where I predicted this.

The Reverb in Glasgow is (shock horror) absolutely appauling.
Terms and Conditions apply.
I asked a guy in the one in Glasgow if I could try a bass and he just walked away. Prick.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I always liked the staff in the Soton branch. Shame that one didn't reopen
Quote by eazy-c
I asked a guy in the one in Glasgow if I could try a bass and he just walked away. Prick.

I just go to GuitarGuitar. It's much better, cheaper and the staff are proper friendly.
Quote by eazy-c

they are just so condescending as well, they try and sprout their opinions at you, even tho i know my gear and try to make sure i know what im asking for they still just talk to you like a child. The guy was slagging of this software program that i never even asked about and i was like 'yeah you said the same thing months ago when i came in about something else'. He was wrong anyway.

I wanted delivery before and (knew he was gonna say this for days before) the guy said 'cant you arrange a pickup for it'. i said 'no' and he was like 'why not?' Cant say guitar guitar is much better, spoke to their guitar tech who was trying to put me off buying bareknuckles and a bone nut. Sound control wasnt like that in the mid 90s. really 'sound' guys even tho i went and did the enter sandman on guitars i couldnt afford haha.
Last edited by KThxBai. at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by smb

Yeah, they weren't too bad in there.

The might not have had spare strings, spare valves, and the boss pedal demonstration area was ALWAYS f*cked up, but boy, did they let you try the guitars!
bristol one is ok, too much stuff to tempt me damnit

people always friendly there

brum one wasnt great
Quote by eazy-c

Maybe he wasn't an employee.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by BrianApocalypse

The might not have had spare strings, spare valves, and the boss pedal demonstration area was ALWAYS f*cked up, but boy, did they let you try the guitars!
They were all stoners and could never find the power cable for the keyboard you wanted or a battery for an effect, but they were always happy enough for anyone to wander in and start jamming.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Reddog in Edinburgh? Hahaha nice man. I never saw anyone trying those Mesas to be honest. Heck I doubt that dual rectifier will ever sell... But the guys there are ok.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

yeah ill give them that one of my pupils asked if i would attend the music store with him because the asshole wouldnt let him try an ibanez jem. he was selling his hellraiser to buy it.
Yeah, good stuff. Didn't they have bands rehearsing upstairs too? That was cool.

Still, at least there's still M&M's on St. Mary's. As little independent retailers, they're pretty good.
Quote by Pott
Reddog in Edinburgh? Hahaha nice man. I never saw anyone trying those Mesas to be honest. Heck I doubt that dual rectifier will ever sell... But the guys there are ok.

i just asked to try it because there was nothing else there of value (ie engl se haha)i was buying a guitar. i wanted to try a prs sc the one with the natural satin finish.

Pott were you their guitar tech?
Of course they have nothing of value, it's still the same old stock and suppliers as Sound Control. Head to Guitar Guitar for the fun stuff man, loads of ENGLs for instance there.
Quote by Pott
Of course they have nothing of value, it's still the same old stock and suppliers as Sound Control. Head to Guitar Guitar for the fun stuff man, loads of ENGLs for instance there.

no i have a top amp i just needed something to try the guitar out with. rectos suck balls.
Quote by smb

Big tom was the only good one, the rest where pricks, the scotish manger was a knob he went mental at me for taking to long while looking at a strap.
You from soton? smb...saint mary's boyz!!
Fret FTW
HAVE A NICE DAY!
Last edited by thegreenmile at Sep 17, 2008,