I want to get a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe but I need to get a distortion pedal for it then. I love the clean and overdrive channels but I would also like to have some more gain then what it offers. What's a good overdrive/distortion pedal that will sound really good with this amp? I don't want one that will sound metal either. Just want to be to crank up the gain every now and then. Thanks
Quote by Ghold125
what type of distortion do you want?

I guess Slash from Guns and Roses, Parkway Drive, and heaps of Van Halen sound also +44 and Green Day.
i've got one and i find the distortion fine without a pedal but whatever you want, not much help for what type of pedal but i thot i'd let you know ur making a good choice. i love this amp.
Quote by Les Paul57
i've got one and i find the distortion fine without a pedal but whatever you want, not much help for what type of pedal but i thot i'd let you know ur making a good choice. i love this amp.

haha Thanks that's good to know
A fender is not gonna do slash or van halen at all. I'd look more at a traynor YCV50 blue, about the same price range, much better overdrive channel that does a nice marshall crunch (which is what slash uses and eddie used for VH1 and 2). It has nice cleans though, maybe not on par with the deluxe, but close enough that it doesn't matter.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
A fender is not gonna do slash or van halen at all. I'd look more at a traynor YCV50 blue, about the same price range, much better overdrive channel that does a nice marshall crunch (which is what slash uses and eddie used for VH1 and 2). It has nice cleans though, maybe not on par with the deluxe, but close enough that it doesn't matter.

Yes it will.

I suggested this pedal this morning, it's $150

http://www.fulltone.com/ocd.asp
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Kevin Saale

Really?

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc6/H4T3BR33D3R/?action=view&current=Lol1.flv

That's my HRD. I think it does that stuff fine.

Just try it out. Crank that bad boy and you'll be in heaven.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.