Page 1 of 2
i got a great idea for a pokemon game.
it could music themed!, moreso guitar themed but you get the jist of it.
you can start out as a boy or girl getting your first electric guitar.
before that it starts out as all pokemon games do, you pick one of three guitars which can be a starcaster, les paul or ibanez RG or something basic (the cheap hundred dollar ones) like that then your set out on your own to become an amazing guitarist and earn all of the eight BOSS pedals (like the pun there?) the eight boss's can be famous guitarist but they must each be from a somewhat different style, the first boss can be Angus Young since he does mostly chords in his songs and then a solo (which is relatively easy) and the list goes on to include BB king , Rhoads (he will be one of the last) Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Slash, then Marty Friedman is the last boss until the Elite Four which will consist of Vai , Satriani, Malmsteen, Petrucci.

Instead of moves , you learn to play the guitar, and as you reach higher levels your learn better moves, you start off knowing only chords and you soon reach an old man (Jimmy Page) who teach's you age old way of the "solo" and the basics of it which can be a basic pentatonic scale or something and as you progress though the game you learn new skills like tapping and arpeggios and as your grow levels you get better and better at the skill you already have.

the battle system will be like pokemon but your on a stage and you have to impress a crowd. for example angus uses a 3 chord progression , you can do "pentatonic lick" to do better, get the idea?

instead of potions and items and things of that sort you get amps, the better the amp the better the healing power or better it makes your "attack" or defense or w/e. you start off with being able to buy roland microcube and then move up to things like the dual rectifier, the JVM's or w/e and you can use things like poison which hurt your opponent, they are the marshall MG's and the line 6 3's and things of that sort. all the items come in different combo forms starting from 15 watt to full blown 120 watt halfstacks.

as you progress through the game you can tell the time changes, as this goes through time rather quickly, the beginning you find dave mustaine as he is getting kicked out of metallica and later in the game you hear about the pink floyd founder dying and things like that. somethings in this game are relevant to the music world and some are not. Randy Rhoads dies on the plane ride home after you beat him in a "battle".

now down to the basics , well sort of. you go through the game collecting guitars and you can keep six guitars at once and you get all sorts of guitars which the commonness of the guitars are relevant to the real world, like strats and les pauls you see everywhere basically in a lot of areas and then there are legendary guitars which are the original frankenstrat , the original polka dot rhoads guitar, the burnt jimi hendrix guitar and slash's 59 les paul and they are HARD TO GET just like legendary pokemon are.

anyway you dont just find random guitars laying around (well not usually) you have to battle people for them. the rhoads guitar you get after digging on rhoads grave after you visit it, which is hard to find. the frankenstrat you have to battle eddie in a lost abandoned music store that he is rebuilding. slash's les paul you get after you beat him when you find him in a drunken haze after a GNR show. The Jimi Hendrix guitar you get when you reach level 60 and learn six string tap sweep arpeggio, then you go back to the boss stage where you battled hendrix and play an encore but you must use the hendrix wah pedal and the six string tap sweep arpeggio, when you use it a hidden door pops up and walk in and open the guitar case and there it is.

during the game you battle people but a lot of them are famous people from bands that you and i like, ranging from pantera, to derek tucks band to darkest hour to michael jackson (beat it had guitar) to cobain to so on and so on.

when you begin the game you have a rival and he is......HERMAN LI! he pops up at the most annoying places just like gary oak did in pokemon.

there are different types of guitars, the blues, versatile and metal ,jazz, classic rock and so on and so on. seeing as there are thousands of guitars, well just stick to the basic 151 for now.....ranging from basic starcaster to the lengendary guitars. later in the game you get the rr1's the expensive Les Paul's and strats and SG's ,Explorers, RG's , ESP's, and so on and so on, itll have all the major brands and a few custom shop brands and things of that sort.

how you attain the guitars is in many ways, you can play people for guitars, buy them, find them, steal them (thats hard to do), but mostly play people for them but you dont always have to take the opponents guitar if you have a billion strats, you can trade it for extra money.

i yeah you know the "i herd u liek mudkipz" thing?
that can be " so i herd u liekd jaguars?" hahaha

anyway, would you buy this???
this is just a rough draft i made in an hour in my head and im most likely will never make this but still.
DISCUSS THIS!.
Sorry doesn't even cover it....
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Gay. It could never amount to Pokemon's actual gaemplay.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
im sorry it doesnt cover it but they have had years to better pokemon and i made this in an hour so yea, cut me some slack man....plz lol
LMFAO

you,my friend,have way too much time on your hands..
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
Quote by caskettheclown
were you on that thread to?

No, I was referring to the scary amount of thought you've put into this.

But yes, I remember Smokeweedalldaymon.
Quote by Suav Nitebeest
Two better ideas:

1. How about some kind of real-life RPG where you buy a guitar and learn to play it?

2. As for the video game, I hear Pokemon is a good one.

1- that wouldnt sell , not saying mine would but i know yours wouldnt sell, people like pretending to play it, like guitar hero.

2- i based this off pokemon, its a great game but i just thought a guitarish one would be more suitable for guitarist.
meh...guitar hero rpg...
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by caskettheclown
i yeah you know the "i herd u liek mudkipz" thing?
that can be " so i herd u liekd jaguars?" hahaha

Oh yeah and I hate you.
.. You mean like guitar hero, but with more of a story?
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
everyone shut up u did a good job with this and i think it is a great idea. but it wouldnt last very long though.... well good thought :-)
Quote by McLovin-
.. You mean like guitar hero, but with more of a story?

yes but no, there are no actual songs in this and you dont press five buttons in a certain speed and order, its like the pokemon battle system, its explained in the wall of text.
i thought it was a cool idea
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by caskettheclown
when you begin the game you have a rival and he is......HERMAN LI! he pops up at the most annoying places just like gary oak did in pokemon.

This paragraph alone won me over.

MY NAME IS HERMAN. MOTHERF***ING. LI.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
burn idea
learn to play real guitar
??????????
profit?
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Quote by Athetosis
This paragraph alone won me over.

And he's all 'battle me or i shit on your head!'

Or is that too old to be funny now?
Uhhh...

STRATOCASTER, I CHOOSE YOU!

"Strato-strat!"

ALRIGHT STRATOCASTER, NOW USE YOUR...UH...ATTACK?

Sorry bro, doesn't have the same ring
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Quote by B. Heath
burn idea
learn to play real guitar
??????????
profit?

i can play guitar...im actually damn good at it (not Vai but still pretty good)
and yes i have profited off of it before.
Quote by Athetosis

I read that with a Chinese accent. Needless to say, I lol'd

And TS, that game would be pretty epic.
Lol. I can just imagine an attack being the kid teaching us how to whammy without a whammy bar.
McLovin is my hero!

It's the coming.
I see an epic game on the horizon...

OK, not as good as Pokemon, but close enough for me to like it!
And Herman Li as a rival?
He would be more of an "inconvenience" than a rival.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by caskettheclown
1- that wouldnt sell , not saying mine would but i know yours wouldnt sell, people like pretending to play it, like guitar hero.

2- i based this off pokemon, its a great game but i just thought a guitarish one would be more suitable for guitarist.

i think with the first one he meant to actually go and play a REAL guitar
i might be mistaken tho

and

Quote by Minkaro

im sigging this lmfaooo
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
i sigged a lot of your responses (mainly the good ones).
yes i can play reall guitar and im and pretty damn good (no vai but still), I just had to much time on my hands and this is what i came up with.
I'd buy it.
Quote by SG_dave
my teacher always insults his wife.we were doing an experiment and the motor broke.he suggested he ring his wife for her to fetch one of her vibrators.i suggeted she has them cos he can't deliver the goods.he said he deliverd them in my mum
Ok thats pretty epic in my opinion

I'd buy it, as long as its for gameboy, cuz gameboy is oldschool badass
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by Lasyk
Ok thats pretty epic in my opinion

I'd buy it, as long as its for gameboy, cuz gameboy is oldschool badass

true dat.
McLovin is my hero!

It's the coming.
it would have to be for gameboy or SP, NOT DS , not dissing the DS but pokemon was best on the Game Boy's.
So, is anyone going to actually make this game? Obviously not as an official thing, but just for fun?...

I mean with like, RPG Maker or something.
dude i would love for someone to make it, i might one day when i have more time on my hands , right now im working on getting some stuff recorded and gigging and stuff like that but maybe in a few months or years or w/e. maybe later down the road ill pay someone to idk
Page 1 of 2