Im getting a new guitar soon and have narrowed my options down to these two guitars. I know Id have to replace the pickups in the ibanez if I got it. I have two ESP guitars now and I love them. But prestige ibanez guitars are amazing to.

Ibanez prestige RG2550Z

24 fret bolt-on neck
Edge Zero bridge with ZPS3 spring system

or the ESP

Alder body with flame maple top
Thru-body 3-piece maple neck
Rosewood fingerboard
24 XJ frets
Abalone arrowhead inlays
EMG 81 active pickups
Volume and Tone knobs with 3-way switch
Floyd Rose tremolo
Grover tuners
25.5" scale
White body binding with abalone purfling
FR locking nut
Die cast tuners
Black hardware
ESP KH-202 emg-hz
ESP KH-502, duncan custom 5, duncan 59
1978 alverez acoustic
Peavey valveking 100 head
line 6 4-12 cabinet
EVH flange, wilson q-wah, boss chorus ensemble, dunlop brick power supply
Last edited by evhaustin5150 at Sep 17, 2008,
dude ESP for sure, i have an ESP and have played lots of em' they are great guitars, ibanez on the other hand i personally dont like that much ive only played one that ive liked. soo dude i say ESP!!
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
okay, just judging from my username, your prolly gonna say that im gonna say the ESP

annd....

yeah, your right. ive plyed both of these at the sam ash near me. i played the ibanez cause people said that the prestiges were awesome, and i played it. it was pretty nice, but the ESP screamed. i played the ESP for about 2 hours there. So my opinion goes to the ESP
What music do you play and whatsd your current gear?
Either way just out of sheer quality i say the ESP
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
I play hendrix, sabbath,van halen, yngwie and clean songs. I have my gear in my sig
Edit: black sabbath to because I would like it to be versatile enough to do a light overdriven sound.
ESP KH-202 emg-hz
ESP KH-502, duncan custom 5, duncan 59
1978 alverez acoustic
Peavey valveking 100 head
line 6 4-12 cabinet
EVH flange, wilson q-wah, boss chorus ensemble, dunlop brick power supply
Given your style, you may want to go with the Ibanez. The pickups on the LTD are designed for metal, although they can do clean as well if you have any idea what you're doing.

I can't say I've ever played either, but I would probably end up going with the LTD, since ESP and LTD have much better reputations than Ibanez.
Quote by nido
Id get the Ibby

team j craft > LTD korea

This.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
"team j craft > LTD korea"

YES

Seriously, the LTD may be nice, but its still not a "real" ESP.

Plus im pretty sure LTD's have painted necks which i hate, all personal preference, but the wizard prestige is the smoothest, and most comfortable neck ive ever played.

The pickups in those ARE real Dimarzios, made in the Dimarzio factory!

Play both, but me, id go for the Ibanez, plus EMG's sound very sterile and are only good at getting that one sound, wicked wicked heavy metal.

Plus any Ibanez Edge series trem (besides edge3, lo trs, edge pro2, etc.) is imo better than the original floyd rose.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
I have an M-1000 and I'm planning on selling it soon. I replaced the EMGs with Dimarzio Breed and D-sonic pickups and installed a coil tap. Mine is a 2005 neck-thru model with a maple body. Good guitar, but the volume knob pisses me off, I never use the floyd, I like thicker necks, and I need money for recording gear.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Last edited by CHIEF-CHEESE at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by Teh GIR

YES

Plus im pretty sure LTD's have painted necks which i hate, all personal preference, but the wizard prestige is the smoothest, and most comfortable neck ive ever played.

Play both, but me, id go for the Ibanez, plus EMG's sound very sterile and are only good at getting that one sound, wicked wicked heavy metal.

Plus any Ibanez Edge series trem (besides edge3, lo trs, edge pro2, etc.) is imo better than the original floyd rose.

Agreed. I own quite a couple of guitars (about 20% are on my page), and my fave's are the my ESP's (not LTD'S) and my j crafts. They are great. pce.
Quote by Teh GIR

YES

+99.994321
Quote by Teh GIR

YES

I dunno man the dimarzio/ibz pickups arent the best i had a rg2570 ages ago. I actually prefer the v series... but yeah the ibanez is the better instrument.
all this shit pure personal preference. If you dont like EMGs, you dont, but dont scream out they suck. Flaming:

DIMARZIOS SUCK LOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOL

ok im not serious, but thats what some of you sound like.

Go to a store, and test the 2 out. First unplugged for playability, then plugged into a medium/high end amp to test the T0NeZ. Try go in as neutrally, and non-biased. Because if youre biased, you just might think "well this sucks, the ibanez pwns". Dont think the name of the guitar, or pickups.

Let me tell you, EMGs are quite versatile if you know how to use them... Either X series or 18 volt mod. They can really do one end to another. If you dont want to get the coil-tappable ones...

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
Jonathan
Quote by fc89konkari
all this shit pure personal preference. If you dont like EMGs, you dont, but dont scream out they suck. Flaming:

DIMARZIOS SUCK LOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOL

ok im not serious, but thats what some of you sound like.

Go to a store, and test the 2 out. First unplugged for playability, then plugged into a medium/high end amp to test the T0NeZ. Try go in as neutrally, and non-biased. Because if youre biased, you just might think "well this sucks, the ibanez pwns". Dont think the name of the guitar, or pickups.

Let me tell you, EMGs are quite versatile if you know how to use them... Either X series or 18 volt mod. They can really do one end to another. If you dont want to get the coil-tappable ones...

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
Jonathan

I agree whole heartedly with everything in this comment.
I'd take the LTD since it has better pups and better neck.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
A real ESP would beat the Ibanez, but the LTD is no match for the Prestige. Go for Ibanez.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Isn't the (real) ESP M-II in your price range? At least used. That'll be better than both of them, especially if you swap out the bridge EMG81 for an 85.

If you're going to keep it to those two, I'd say the LTD. To me, they're miles ahead in comfort for most of their models, especially in the necks, but I haven't found an Ibanez neck thick enough for me yet.

I think the Ibanez may have better pickups for what you want, but those are so easy to swap out, it shouldn't be a big issue when purchasing a guitar.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Sigh check the post dates guys.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
FFS. I usually go back 3-4 since by then someone's called it out.

I'm so ashamed.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?