Alright guys, I'm newly registered here and stuff. Hi. Ok. So I play acoustic guitar. Been playing for about 9 months now, and I'm decent. It's an old steel string Yamaha SJ-180, if anyone's curious. Think it's from like 1980 or so, but I'm not quite sure. Anyway. I need to buy a capo, but I'm not sure exactly what to get. So...throw your favorite brands at me with an explanation of why you like it, please! I figured I'd get the best reviews from an actual guitar site rather than some random people on Amazon. Thanks in advance .
Any capo is a good capo.
Well, I've never seen a bad capo, but I'm a noob so... yeah :P
~Carl
It's really not that big of a decision.

A capo's a capo.

Just don't get something too expensive, 'cause that's a waste of money.
It's a process, not an event.
^i concur.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
kyser are pretty good, as are dunlop.
just don't get something really cheap. spend about £15/$25 you'll be fine
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Alright, I'll head to the music store tonight to check it out. Thanks a lot.
Gear List:
Yamaha SJ-180 Steel String Acoustic
2008 Ibanez S520
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Peavey Vypyr 15W

Call me Erk.
I have the Kyser, works like a charm
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
I really liked Kyser Capos until I began playing 12-string more often. Shubb is the only brand which can keep a good consistent amount of pressure on all the strings. The price you pay however is that it takes a bit longer to put on and take off.
A pencil and a strong rubber band. Anything else is just fashion :-)
Shubb. I tried a trigger capo once but prefer the more accurate pressure you can get with the Shubb from one guitar to the next.
Yea, i use the jim dunlop trigger style capo as well. it works just fine. sometimes it pulls it sharp, but that's just the nature of a spring capo.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Suprised no ones mentioned the G7th Performance Capo.
I love it Really easy to use and quick put on/take off.
http://www.g7th.com/products.asp
Originally Posted by theinnerpalm
this is off topic but... playing guitar can be a lose lose situation in bed for finger foreplay... long nails on one hand, callouses and peeling skin on the other
i use a dunlop trigger capo, and it does the job well enough. but yea, like what the rest said, i don't believe i have actually seen a bad capo, but trigger capos are usually easier to use.
Quote by Johnnell
Suprised no ones mentioned the G7th Performance Capo.
I love it Really easy to use and quick put on/take off.
http://www.g7th.com/products.asp

that's cuz it's freaking expensive but there's no doubt about how good the capo is. I would buy one, but im not sure i want to spend $40 on just a capo...
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
cant go wrong with Dunlop or Kyser. Also, here is a tip: dont spend less that $15 dollars on a decent capo.
kyser or schlub. i think thats how u spell it... each is 15- 25 ish dollors
Thanks for reading this... Ladies
Kysers are good and dont cost 40 bucks
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
well no. not all capos are alike. if you buy the cheap kind that are just spring loaded it can sometimes grip too hard and bend your strings out of tune depending on your action.

thats why (if you want to spend some extra) i recommend these kind:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/G7th-405-Performance-Guitar-Capo-103377305-i1130248.gc
mostly because you can set your own tension.

Edit: sorry noticed it was recommended, but yea this is why it is good
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com