I found an ad on craigslist for a Kramer Striker 100st and it looks like it's a model from the 80's. It's pretty cheap, should I buy it? I'm going to give my brother my Dean and I need a new guitar
Guitars
Douglas WRL595, ESP LTD EC-50, 60's Partscaster
Amps
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Vet30
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay
from what i know (my friend has one of these in white), they are made of plywood (not really good) and have an old floyd rose without a locking nut. So if its super cheap, under 100-150 and you dont mind being very cautious with the trem or putting on locking tuners/nut then it is a pretty solid guitar
How much would it cost to put on a locking nut and/or tuners?
Guitars
Douglas WRL595, ESP LTD EC-50, 60's Partscaster
Amps
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Vet30
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay
locking nut would cost around $20, but it would cost $50-100 for a luthier to install it.

Locking tuners are very easy to install, I would guess around $50-60.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
I had one and there good guitars and those Floyd 2 trems keep in tune but another good cheap guitar is a charvette I have two with real wood bodies they have a Great tone oh and i paid 150 and 160 a piece.
You'd be polishing a turd if you wanted to add better hardware. It has a cheap plywood body. I'd look at spending a hundred or so more and look at getting a Focus series Kramer if thats what you're after. Alder body, OFR and nice pickups. I wouldn't bother with this one unless you want a beater guitar you can throw around.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I just picked up one of these to redo. Mine is in better shape than the one in the photos. Mine also has the Floyd Rose Speedloader with a locking nut which is a pretty nice metal guitar. In addition, mine says Kramer on the headstock, not Striker.

Anyways, I will sell it for about 150 when I am done with it. Send me a message if you are interested.
That looks like one of the newer MusicYo reissues than an 80's original.

I wouldn't touch it, no matter how cheap it is. The 80's Strikers were bad enough, the new reissues are even worse.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
That looks like one of the newer MusicYo reissues than an 80's original.

I wouldn't touch it, no matter how cheap it is. The 80's Strikers were bad enough, the new reissues are even worse.

Kramer Striker 100-600STs were discontinued in 1989. The Striker pictured was from 84-87, I think the headstock indicates 1985.

If you thought that guitar looked like something from any decade other than the 80's, you should refrain from giving guitar advice on the internet.