Ok i was just thinking, i have this metal master right. I love the sound but it has no gain control and sometimes it has too much gain. So is there a way to mod it to add a gain knob?
Maybe not a mod, but you might wanna drop the metal master and get a metal muff... digitech stuff sounds too begginerish and now they have that hardwire junk.
Quote by Tzuqris
Maybe not a mod, but you might wanna drop the metal master and get a metal muff... digitech stuff sounds too begginerish and now they have that hardwire junk.

i tried it, i think i got a lemon the first time but it sounded terrible. it was thin, and the distortion was shitty. I dont want to spend money on a dist pedal when i plan on getting a new amp sometime soon. I am very content with my sound. Id just like to be able to change my gain
Sure, you could get it done if you want to spend 70 bucks on a 50 dollar pedal.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^+1

Metal Muff blows the Metal Master out of the water.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Do it myself, not have someone do it. I have some electronic experience and if it proves too much for me my dad majored in electronics. Im just wanted to know if it would be something difficult.

Besides, did anyone read that ive played a metal muff and did not like it?
sorry to revive a dead thread, but this is highly relevant to my interests. i've been looking for a solution to the grainy sound of the metal master (as much as i love the crunch and grind it gives me, the grain kills my tone) for a while. i'd actually shelved it until i saw this thread, so i took several pics of the pcb. sorry they're so bad, i used my phone's camera. you have plenty of shots though, so it should be ok.

thanks!

pics: FileFactory