I'm 16. Have a job. Saved up money.
I have been playing for about 3-4 months.

I own an
Ibanez RG2EX1
Gibson Les Paul Studio.

Roland Micro Cube

I have 600-700 dollars to spend.

I can't spend anymore than that.
Damn price of gas and insurance.

I mostly play metal.
But I do play a lot on the clean channel.

I'm looking for an all tube amp thats suitable for mostly bedroom practice.
But it has to be good for band situations.

I live in Sacramento.
I would prefer to buy new.

I would also prefer to not spend 700 dollars if I can get something nice for cheaper.
b52 amps look right up your alley

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Everyone is going to say a used Peavey 5150 or a 6505.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
for how long uve been playing i think u shudnt have bought one of those guitars and bought a nicer amp
im gonna recccomend a 75watt line 6 spider let the flaming begin
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
I bought the RG and the cube myself.

My grandmother bought me the les paul right before she passed.

It wasnt purchased with my own money.

I have been saving for an amp since i bought the cube and Ibanez.

5150 is to loud for bedroom practice im pretty sure.
and I don't like the cleans.
i don't think you need a valve amp if you've only been playing for less than half a year but if you must get a peavy valveking or a b52 or a line 6 spider valve i recommend the line 6 because it is modeling and is more than one tube amp mixed in one for mega tones. it comes in a 1 12 combo read about it here http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-Valve-112-40W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483066
hope this helps best for what you got in cash
So if I decided to go used would I get better options?

plus I don't need to spend all 700.
If theres a nice 300-400 dollar amp out there that is perfect for bedroom playing then i'll go for it.
Why does the cube not work for you? It's a solid amp. My advice would be to stick with that till you have more experience and money. Then get something kick-ass.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
It isn't big enough to play with my friends.
and I don't really like the distortion channel too much.

The main thing I want is a nice distortion sound.
mikemangone-

first of all - That was a well written thread.

i know you don't want to go used but I would at least check some of these amps out. Post #19 I think in here...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955820&highlight=sacramento.craigslist

Funny as I was going to check craigslist directly but then remembered that imgooley, gregs1020 and myself have checked your local and found all kinds of great amps.

so you know what i did? I searched: 'sacramento.craigslist' right here on UG and found all the recent stuff we found. Check the one I gave you and the other suggestions in your other treads.

Nothing wrong with buying new either, I certainly have and don't have the best gear either.

Otherwise, just go to the store and play thru the stuff they have with your guitar and narrow down from there.
Quote by mikemangone
Would it be dumb to run a metal muff distortion pedal through say a voxac15?

Hell no!!! That's actually a pretty good combination if you're gonna use an eq pedal or compressor with it. Without either of those it's just OK. I would go for one of the B-52s people are recommending but here's something I'm gonna start posting, I've already recommended it to a lot of people tonight so I decided to just copy and paste. It is used but they are one of the best deals you'll find.
"Look at the Marshall 3203, it's not full tube, just in the power amp section but that's where it really counts anyways. SS and tube preamps don't make as much difference as companies try to make it out to be. However, if you're using a nice power amp section with tubes, you're gonna get tube tone that's pretty close to a full tube amp, but you don't have to deal with the preamp tubes going microphonic. It's also easier/cheaper to repair. Plus they go for 300-400 on eBay."