A some of you may remember the thead where I said I broke my Mp3 player, or at least the screen, anyway, I phoned today and will be able to get it replaced but there is one small problem.

I can't get the music off of it!
I didn't know this was one of the fantastic features of this wonderful device, so my question is, Can I get music off the damned thing?

And my reason for not posting in the ipod thread, is because nobody gets help there anyway.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
If you have the usb cable, shouldnt your computer show the player anyway?

If it does (like its supposed to) the find the folder and copy away.
Quote by first_aid
If you have the usb cable, shouldnt your computer show the player anyway?

If it does (like its supposed to) the find the folder and copy away.

Aye, I tried this, but there is no folder in my ipod that says "music" or any folder with the music in it...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If you have Windows, then go to your iPod, go to the "Tools" tab on windows explorer, and click on "Folder Options." Click where it says "View," and then click "Show hidden files and folders," or something like that.

You should see a folder that says something like "music," with a bunch of folders in it with random numbers/letters for names. Copy and paste all of the folders into iTunes, and you will have the music.
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
If you're talking about an ipod, and you have a mac, you can use Senuti ( Itunes backwards ) and that will take your music off. Not sure if there is a PC version though.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Quote by deadgearsrising
If you have Windows, then go to your iPod, go to the "Tools" tab on windows explorer, and click on "Folder Options." Click where it says "View," and then click "Show hidden files and folders," or something like that.

You should see a folder that says something like "music," with a bunch of folders in it with random numbers/letters for names. Copy and paste all of the folders into iTunes, and you will have the music.

Thank you so much.

I <3 you... in a non homosexual way.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick