Hey everyone...its my first post

im a pretty damn good guitarist and i need to get a new amp that will last me until i graduate from college or at least halfway through college.

im looking at the Randall G3 Plus Series 300, it looks pretty decent and sounds pretty awesome on youtube videos.

my price range is $0-$700(cost of the G3 Plus 300 )

i was looking at bugera amps but i know for a fact it wont last me more than one year so skrew that...they dont even look to promising anyway.

ya so basically i play metals. some of my guitar influences are job for a cowboy, otep, korn, meshuggah, opeth, slipknot.

i only have around $300 saved for the amp but my parents agreed to pay $450 once i do my research on the amp, but they wont buy off ebay or anything, they will only give me the money if we buy from musicians friend, guitar center, zzounds,...etc.

please dont tell me to buy a 5150 or 6505 because believe me ive already concidered it but ive come to terms with the fact that i definitly cant buy one off ebay used.

any help at all is greatly apreciated.

Mr-SelfDestruct.
Quote by Ghold125
do you gig?

not yet but i will be very very soon...like december or earlier, i need to be able to play LOUD because every part of my band is louder than i am.

i am not looking into a combo at all because i want to be able to plug in a 212 and play at home of practice and i want to be able to plug in a 412 if i every need to play at a large show, which i eventually will need to do
Combos work for large shows. They can get just as loud. Some people just think that cabs sound fuller. The Randall G3 looks good, but why wouldn't a Bugera last you a year?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Combos work for large shows. They can get just as loud. Some people just think that cabs sound fuller. The Randall G3 looks good, but why wouldn't a Bugera last you a year?

lol it doesnt sound to bad but from what i hear its had LOTS of problems with faulty wiring, bad soldering...i just really dont think its something i would spend so much money on and then have it break down in a week, a month, a year, 2 years...i think that if a company cant get things right from the start the probably wont be able to get things perfect ever. although i do hear alot about their service plan, i think they send you a new amp for free and you dont even have to pay the shipping
I think alot of the reliability issues were early in production runs. They do cut corners in production, but the service plans are good. And they're really good for metal.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
does anyone know if randall amps are normally stocked in guitar centers, if so im definitly trying one out
I have not found to many Randalls at GC but keep checking for that amp.
I think you are shutting down Bugera too soon...go ask that question over in the Bugera User's Militia thread.

Some of these shops also carry used gear which is worth a look. New B-52 maybe or a Valveking upgraded? Vypyr tube maybe but they are not out yet so we don't have a lot of feedback.

Man, $600-$700 would get you some serious gear used. I've seen Peavey JSX's and Mesa's below that range. Show them the link and ask them to go help you negotiate and then get on-line to UG GGnA and ask us questions and upload pics while you are there.