as the title says, my valveking will not turn on. the red light goes on meaning there must be power, but no sound, no buzz, no hum, or anything. its not any of my pedals, cuz i ran my guitar directly into the amp and still no sound. The guitar is fine, as is the cable, as i tried it out on my other amp and it worked fine.

Could it be a blown fuse? Suggestions?
Swag

Schecter Blackjack C-1/C-7
Ovation Balladeer
Mesa F30
DanL Chorus
Bad Horsie Wah
EB Volume Pedal
It won't be the mains fuse if the amp turns on, but you could've blown the HT fuse. Don't ask me where it's at cause I don't know. Have you check to see the speaker is plugged in? Is the volume up?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
volume is up, standby is on, as is power. the speaker routes into the control panel, and i assume its plugged in, in order to check id have to take the control box out.

could there be a tube problem?
Swag

Ovation Balladeer
Mesa F30
DanL Chorus
Bad Horsie Wah
EB Volume Pedal
could it be the heater, cuz when its turned on, theres no heat coming from the power tubes
Swag

Ovation Balladeer
Mesa F30
DanL Chorus
Bad Horsie Wah
EB Volume Pedal
yeah.
fuze you are not going to get to on your own. There is a main fuze (green) on back if you want to check it but that is not it or you wouldn't have power so forget that actually.

take it in (back). New or Used?

what do the power tubes say Part# wise? What do they look like color wise? Clear?

try a different power socket?
I've had the same problem. I took the power tubes out of my amp a few years ago and put them back in and they wouldn't heat up. It turned out I just didn't push them in good enough. I would definitely take it to a technician if you can't get it working by trying inserting the tubes correctly.
ya, but ive had it new for about 6 months maybe, never retubed

im pretty sure its something with the heater cuz the tubes arent getting hot or glowing
Swag

Ovation Balladeer
Mesa F30
DanL Chorus
Bad Horsie Wah
EB Volume Pedal
the tubes are teh 'heater'

so ya...you are getting no power to the tubes which could be a blown fuze or output transformer maybe. Has it had anything extreme lately like Lightening, or a loud gig, or mismatched power, wrong cab being plugged in? Anything like that? I'm stretching.

Can you find someone reputible to take it too? Is is still under warranty?
nope, ive never gigged with it, never plugged an external speaker in either, still covered under warranty
Swag

Ovation Balladeer
Mesa F30
DanL Chorus
Bad Horsie Wah
EB Volume Pedal
is only way you blow the fuse by like not warming it up and warming down?
or maybe playing too loud?
that could be something, cuz i usually dont let it sit for very long on standby before i turn it on or off
Swag

Ovation Balladeer
Mesa F30
DanL Chorus
Bad Horsie Wah
EB Volume Pedal
Quote by RunWithTheDevil
yeh gotta warm up and warm down for like 10-15 mins

This post contains a massive amount of fail.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by RunWithTheDevil
yeh gotta warm up and warm down for like 10-15 mins

Dont even get me started on this subject. I'm fed up with people saying you gotta let a vavle amp cool down before turning it off. It'll cool down just the same if you disconnect the power. as for the 15 minutes: if you've ever touched a valve after it being on for one minute, youd know that they get hot in very little time. at most, they need a minute, perhaps two - depending on the circuit/amp.

Back on topic: I'd guess the HT or valve fuse thats gone. My experience doesnt lie with valvekings, but ususally when I've seen this happen, Its been valve fuses. This is something that you should be able to check yourself with little hassle. However, I'll check for a picture and see if its easy to do, or a pain in the arse...

Edit: Seems the HT fuse is hidden within inside the chassis. What a major pain in the arse that is. I dont advise you to open the amp up unless you know what your doing. if you want to, I can explain what your looking for, but I wont post at the moment.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Last edited by AndyPandy at Sep 18, 2008,
Take it to the store were you bought it at, let them figure it out. Might as well take advantage of the warranty.
Gear:
Ibanez Artcore AM73
Carlo-Robelli Acoustic (first guitar)
Peavey VaveKing 212
BOSS GE-7
BOSS Super Chorus CH-1