If a car moved 31.02 km in 21 minutes. how would i calculate speed? i do know that v = distance divided by time. so.

31.02km / 21 min. = 1.5 km/min

if i convert this to km/h does it equal 88 km/h ? I just really dont know if i was doing this right or not.
60/21 = 2.857

31.02*2.86 = 88.71 km per hour

your way works also but you can't round or else you will end up with 90 instead of 88 1.47 vs 1.5
Last edited by ViperScale at Sep 17, 2008,
Quote by Stratocaster88
If a car moved 31.02 km in 21 minutes. how would i calculate speed? i do know that v = distance divided by time. so.

31.02km / 21 min. = 1.5 km/min

if i convert this to km/h does it equal 88 km/h ? I just really dont know if i was doing this right or not.

21 min is 0.35 hours.

31.02 / 0.35 = ~88km/h

Also in a physics course in like high school or whatever, standard speed unit is meters per second.

88km/h * 1000m/km * 1h/3600s = 24.61 meters/s
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
the pit is not your calculator
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
i wasn't implying that the pit was my calculator. i just needed a second hand opinion so i know im not ****ing up horribly and everyone i know that could help me is asleep by now.
ok chill. Its not like i was completely serious. There are a FEW non assholes who will help. id Help but mustangSVT already got it for you....... that and i have my own stuff to do...
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....