I was thinking of looking into majoring in communications when I go to college next year. It seems like it could set me up with a lot of media oriented jobs, which would be cool. Anyone here majoring or have a degree in communications?
I'm in the process of doing a communications assignment.

Personally, I hate it.
Real eyes realise real lies.
I'm pursuing a degree in Music Industry which has a LOT of communications stuff in it. What kind of information are you looking for?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Isn't communications what mentally challenged NCAA athletes take in university, as an excuse to attend school?
Last edited by tona_107 at Sep 17, 2008,
i just switched to a communications degree. i think i'm going to specialize in communications - writing. i'm just taking gen eds though at the moment so i can't really tell you much. when you choose your classes for next year though, have them throw in a comm elective or gen ed or something so you can get a feel for it. thankfully they did that with my theology major and i realized i totally wasn't into it at all.
#DTWD
Quote by Sid McCall
I'm pursuing a degree in Music Industry which has a LOT of communications stuff in it. What kind of information are you looking for?

I guess like what career you and others are thinking of pursuing, and what classes you and others are taking. I probably should have clarified that, ha.
Quote by tona_107
Isn't communications what mentally challenged NCAA athletes take in university, as an excuse to attend school?

that or leisure studies.

So then, what is your major?
Quote by Spamwise

So then, what is your major?

Well I declare my major at the end of this year, but it'll probably be Honours Specialization in Biology, B.M.Sc.
Quote by Scream And Fly
Communications is the easiest degree to obtain.

So what? I guess careers in the fields of PR, HR, radio, television, journalism, etc aren't important, right?
I'm majoring in journalism.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I'm in Hon. Business Communications.
It's basically a regular comm degree but with marketing, management and HR thrown in.

My parents tried to push me into math and business, but I wanted to take something writing-oriented, so this was the compromise.
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
Mark my words. I'll write a Paper on the Pit. Sooner or later. During or after my journalism degree.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Yep, I am.

Majoring in cooking.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by IndianRockStar
You should give Sarah Palin a call.

Meh, if i want to hear bullshit, I can just come here.
Quote by tona_107

+1

In the defense communications majors, if you go to a school with a good communications program, it's not a joke.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by redwing_suck
+1

In the defense communications majors, if you go to a school with a good communications program, it's not a joke.

My university accepts 25 students/year to the Journalism degree. So I guess it's not a joke.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by IndianRockStar
You should give Sarah Failin' a call.

fixed.

I'm going for a major in English with possibly a creative writing focus. I do have a communications course...essentially a speech class. I enjoy it a lot actually. Something about the teacher and the environment...not the content covered by the class.
Quote by redwing_suck
+1

Is there any way to tell how good a certain school's communications program is?