Hi all, I just had a quick question.

Well I've been looking for a decent practice amp, preferably tube, and I've ran into the Blackheart Little Giant. The fact that it is all tube, under $400 (USD) and the perfect size for practice, makes it very appealing to me. However, it seems like there are just about no dealers in my area, pretty much leaving me with no chance of testing it out.

I play mostly classic rock (Zep, etc.) and alt. rock (Foo Fighters, etc.) I do have my moments where I like to play heavier stuff such The Red Chord, As Blood Runs Black, etc. But I figured if I do go with this amp I could just get a pedal for anything really heavy distortion.

Currently I have a Epiphone Les Paul Classic, and a Line 6 Spider III 75 (yeah I know..) I'm most likely going to sell my Spider III as I have no need for an amp of that size and looking for an amp with better tone. So if anyone is interested in that, just hit me up, if not I'll just post it on craigslist or ebay.

Is the Blackheart Little Giant a good choice? I'd say my price range is $300-$500, maybe a little better if I get a fairly decent price for my old amp.

Thanks in advance to all that help
Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quiltop
Line 6 Spider III 75W Combo (For Sale )
Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 (For Sale

Looking for:
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
Tube doesn't always mean better.. I think it's an average sounding amp at best. I'd suggest saving more, or simply getting a better modeler.
I prefer the Vj. The blackheart is a bit darker sounding and I didn't think the EQ was worth the extra $100 considering decent EQ's you can get for around the same price. You need pedals with both so that's pretty much a wash. Check out youtube vids of both and see what you think.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
It's a pretty good amp but go for the ZVex Nano Head, it's got boutique quality and tone driven by tubes and it's $500.
Or see some of my other posts praising the Marshall 3203. 300-400 on eBay and they kick some major ass in a small package.
Okay, well if I was to go with a ZVex Nano Head, or the Marshall 3203 what would be a good cab to go with them? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to amps haha.
Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quiltop
Line 6 Spider III 75W Combo (For Sale )
Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 (For Sale

Looking for:
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
Yeah it's a great amp, but you've gotta have it near full to get the best tones from it, unfortunately that's way past bedroom volumes, but you can use a good OD to get great bedroom sounds from it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30