Yeah, this has probably been done 5,000 times. Whatever. I don't phucking care. My 5G iPod broke tonight. I was thinking about picking up one of those 80gb "Classics."

SO...

Here's the question:

Anyone who has had experience with the iPod Classics, would you mind giving me some pros/cons? I'd appreciate the help. A lot. Like A LOT a lot.

Thanks.

PS - I used one once, only once, and the scroll thing blew butthole. Very unresponsive. Has this been fixed?
If you could define classic better, there are a few different kinds. I have the 30 GB video iPod, it's the fifth generation style, and I haven't had any problems with the iPod, just with some of the songs I put on there. Some songs don't like my iPod, so they decide to freeze it up. Damn Limewire...
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
They don't do the 80Gb anymore, they are 120Gb now. For the same price as the 80 one.

And I got one not 5 days ago and it has been fine so far. The wheel thing works just fine.
Ive got a 30G video, which is also called "classic", so I guess were talking about the same. Ive had mine for 2 years and freaking love it. Not a single problem.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
the fact that it's an iPod should be that much of a turn off to you unless you use Mac, in that case it's alright I guess...

if you're rolling with windows do something more compatable...
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Quote by ToxicConfusion
If you could define classic bette, there are a few different kinds. I have the 30 GB video iPod, it's the fifth generation style, and I haven't had any problems with the iPod, just with some of the songs I put on there. Some songs don't like my iPod, so they decide to freeze it up. Damn Limewire...

How about "the only iPod that's ****ing called 'iPod Classic?'"

Quote by iceman95
the fact that it's an iPod should be that much of a turn off to you unless you use Mac, in that case it's alright I guess...

if you're rolling with windows do something more compatable...

Or if you're just a mindless Windows fanboy/Apple hater for no reason whatsoever.

How are iPods "less compatible?"
You're*
Sometimes the battery quits working, but newer generations should have better batteries.
To clarify, I was looking at the 80gb iPod Classic. Which, btw, are they really only making 120gb now?
when you do get it, I would suggest turning your backlight down as much as possible. I did this, got used to it in a day, and now my battery lasts about 80% longer. No joke.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Definitly the best ipods. Get a warranty, though, north american made electronics tend to break easily.
Quote by Survivalism
How about "the only iPod that's ****ing called 'iPod Classic?'"

Or if you're just a mindless Windows fanboy/Apple hater for no reason whatsoever.

How are iPods "less compatible?"

you need to chill, I have owned a few mp3 players and I personally think that ipods are inferior, and why do you get so worked up because someone makes a simple comment, seriously chill.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by bassdrum
Sometimes the battery quits working, but newer generations should have better batteries.

That happens with just about any small battery-powered device. My phone did it two months back.
Quote by Boogie Man
you need to chill, I have owned a few mp3 players and I personally think that ipods are inferior, and why do you get so worked up because someone makes a simple comment, seriously chill.

You still haven't justified your opinion with anything resembling a fact. I call Apple-hater.
I have one, they're pretty nice. The wheel works really well and it holds a lot of music. The price is on the high side, but that's Apple for you.
I still have an early video, hasn't failed me yet
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
______________________███████████████████
██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
Quote by Boogie Man

well maybe because you said...
" the fact that it's an iPod should be that much of a turn off to you unless you use Mac, in that case it's alright I guess..."
Dick+strings= owww
Pros:
It plays music.
It holds more songs than I've heard in my life.

Cons:
Mac fanboys love it.
Microsoft fanboys hate it.

Whoopty doo.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
Get a 16GB nano, you probably won't fill that up either and its smaller.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*