Im going to buy an amp , wich one of these two would be better.
Im looking for a good overdrive and distortion for badass rhythm and high pitched soloing.If you have any experience with these amps , comment.

VOX AD100VTXL

LINE6 SPIDER JAM

Thanks

--------

Im looking for a tube amp and the marshalls are so pricy in online stores.

Price range 390-500e
Last edited by Jab_ at Sep 18, 2008,
i hate line 6 they sound so bad waaay to digital sounding ,,, go with something else
Quote by mortallica
line 6 way much better

uh....... I think the only time I'd buy a Line 6 was if that was the only amp left on the planet... oh wait, I think I'd just go acoustic. Out of those two, get the Vox. You might also check out the Roland Cube amps, I've got the Micro Cube and the Cube 60, and the're both great amps.
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
I'll just give you the advice I know everyone else will give also...get a decent tube amp, and then get an OD and distortion pedal if you so wish.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
They say the line 6 spiderss are really crappy sounding, BUT that their higher models are nice. However, this is a spider, so idk. I don't know how the jam compares with the IIs and IIIs.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Neither, go with a Marshall hybrid from the 80s, like a 3203. They get way better tone than any full ss amp and newer hybrids that use ss power amps and tube preamps instead of ss preamps and tube power amps. Plus they have plenty of gain on tap and your getting something from what I consider Marshall's 2nd Golden Age, the first being in the late 60s/early 70s.
Quote by ninjafingers
uh....... I think the only time I'd buy a Line 6 was if that was the only amp left on the planet... oh wait, I think I'd just go acoustic. Out of those two, get the Vox. You might also check out the Roland Cube amps, I've got the Micro Cube and the Cube 60, and the're both great amps.
It's a shame you dont know what your talking about how can you play a valve amp in a home and get a good sound if it's not cranked up
Quote by Jab_
Im going to buy an amp , wich one of these two would be better.
Im looking for a good overdrive and distortion for badass rhythm and high pitched soloing.If you have any experience with these amps , comment.

VOX AD100VTXL

LINE6 SPIDER JAM

Thanks

--------

Im looking for a tube amp and the marshalls are so pricy in online stores.

Price range 390-500e
they all hate line 6 gear on here i have one it's great go and try one and see for yourself http://line6.com/spiderjam/movies.html and look on ytube there is so much this thing dose
Quote by ianpdq
they all hate line 6 gear on here

No. We don't. Pretty much just the Spider series of amps. Line 6 makes a lot of good gear. mkbai
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I don't understand why you would want a 100W practice amp, and then say you want a tube amp below that.

What kind of music do you play? List some bands, not just badass rhythm and gain.