Alright, I need a good music player and I thought about the iPod touch (I never owned any Apple product before) or a Zune. I know the iPod touch doesn't have much storage, but the web browser is kinda cool. I don't know - which do you think is better?
Quote by Flying Couch
Just get a normal iPod.

The one with the hard drive, right? Those are cool. Lemme ask this, do you have to install iTunes to add music to it, or can you just drag and drop files into it?
i don't think you can DnD, but you don't have to use iTunes. you can use winamp and other programs. i had a zune (it got stolen) and i liked it so much better than my ipod. The UI looked so much nicer and functioned so much nicer.
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
get an itouch, i know someone who hacked it and now it's an iphone
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
i like my zune, if you want more memory get that, or a normal ipod. i think if you're gonna get a touch screen, you may as well get the iphone.
Quote by Sound Mind
i like my zune, if you want more memory get that, or a normal ipod. i think if you're gonna get a touch screen, you may as well get the iphone.

why would he? so he can pay $100+ a month so a device he bought for media doesn't get bricked? and the guy with the "hacked it and now it's an iphone" is an idiot. it doesn't work that way, pal
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
I LOVE my iPod Touch, and they just released a new version, or they're about to. It has the two things I wish mine had- an actual volume switch on the side, and a built-in speaker on the bottom. It's AWESOME. I can't recommend it highly enough, especially if you live at a college where there's wifi everywhere. It has saved my ass so many times in class by doing research on the spot or using sparknotes.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Flying Couch
Just get a normal iPod.

I thought your avatar was Dave Mustaine until I read your sig.
Quote by Scream And Fly
The one with the hard drive, right? Those are cool. Lemme ask this, do you have to install iTunes to add music to it, or can you just drag and drop files into it?

Yeah you need iTunes. Winamp is a good substitute as well.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Yeah you need Winamp. iTunes is a good substitute as well.

I had to switch it around a little.
iPod touch FTW.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Fishyesque
I had to switch it around a little.

My only complaint with Winamp is that WMA files always need to be decoded before going into your iPod, while iTunes is only a one time thing.
Quote by Fishyesque
That's my complaint too.

The upside is that it converts FLACs, but since iPod doesn't take FLACs, it just gets converted to 128 kbps mp3s, thus negating the purpose of the FLAC.
ipod classic
i wish i had one :/
my 30gb video just got filled
it depresses me :'(
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by edbert

uhhh what? that is impossible, the itouch doesn't have the required hardware for cellular communication
Ibanez RG350ex
I just researched the Zune and the 80 GB iPod for a paper I write for; I went to Best Buy and one of the sales clerk's allowed me to take an 80 GB Zune home for the day. Are they allowed to do that? I didn't think so, but I took it home, listened to the crappy pre-loaded songs, and was thoroughly disappointed. I even gave it back the next day- not even worth stealing.

So, sure, I'm down with the iPod Touch.

I am, I am, I am.
get an itouch
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Get a Zune with one of those kickass designs on the back.
iPods are all well and good, but I've found them not to be reliable hardware.
Anyone know the life span of a Zune? I'm about to fork out 350$ for an 80GB zune later today and I want to know how long I'll have it for.
Zune.

They're pretty much invincible.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Ipod touch i think... never had ipod or zune before..

I use my psp(with 4gb memory stick) yeah weird.. but atleast I have an internet browser,remote control(like tv,dvd,etc),im's,a guitar tuner(I coded).. beat that lulz
the new nanos have 16gigs and are flash memory, which doesnt skip and is better than a hard drive like the classic has, id go for one of those instead of the touch though, if you buy the touch youll end up feeling like an ass for buying the iphone minus the phone and other great features.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Thornography
Anyone know the life span of a Zune? I'm about to fork out 350$ for an 80GB zune later today and I want to know how long I'll have it for.

You are getting majorly ripped off. They are $250 bucks a pop. One of my friends managed to get one for $200.

Most people who are declaring iPod Touch have most probably not seen the zune. I have and I thoroughly regret getting my iPod cause the Zune really makes it look like shit.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Quote by edbert

No.

You. Fire. In it. Die.
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
Quote by Psychedelico
You are getting majorly ripped off. They are $250 bucks a pop. One of my friends managed to get one for $200.

Most people who are declaring iPod Touch have most probably not seen the zune. I have and I thoroughly regret getting my iPod cause the Zune really makes it look like shit.

I'm gonna be getting it from Best Buy
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Quote by Scream And Fly
The one with the hard drive, right?

id get the touch but thats just me, although id like more memory than my 30gb because i have to delete an album every time i put a new one on =/
iPod! iPod! iPod! iPod!
/sheep.

I say Zune. 80 purely because it FEELS of a far superior quality to anything Apple are putting out at the moment. Wireless sync, a better battery, screen, and bigger screen also support my choice.
The stock earphones of the Zune are also really very good quality and long lasting.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia