That makes them impossible for me to play. Seriously, I have learned the sweep picking part of Beast and the Harlot down practically perfectly. And I can't play the solo to some of the simplest songs like Seize the Day (Avenged Sevenfold) or The River (good charlotte ft. Avenged Sevenfold). I mean those solos are supposedly some of the most basic.

The only solos I know are Unholy Confessions (Avenged Sevenfold) and Misery Business (Paramore) and if you listen to those solos... they really don't even seem like solos.

But EVERY other solo I find, just seems to be out of my reach. ;-; Fix me. lol
Schecter C-1 FR
Crate V50 Amp
Boss CS-3 Compression Sustain Pedal
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Pedal
Live in California, PM if you wanna rock.
Last edited by VcentG at Sep 18, 2008,
you have to play them with feel. have a backing track and play along. if you know the songs well enough then you should know what they are supposed to sound like.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
lol, I can fake solos pretty damn well. But when it comes to playing them by reading tabs it just never clicks.

I don't know if I'm learning them by ear or what. But when I fake, a lot of it can be pretty close, and I usually fake it the same way. But by fake, I just mean playing without actually looking at the tab for that part.
Schecter C-1 FR
Crate V50 Amp
Run scales. A lot. Learn the major and minor scales, run up and down them over and over and over and over again. Learn the key of a song and improvise over it. Once you've done all of that, go back and try other people's solos. It's easier to play one's own solos than someone else's.
Dude your band owns Negative.
Schecter C-1 FR
Crate V50 Amp
download guitar pro or power tab and then you can listen and see the tab at the same time
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.