Page 1 of 2
i'm currently staying here in seoul, south korea and i'm pretty sure you some of you know about the senior and junior culture. basically, anyone older than you or higher in position, you have to respect and kiss ass to them. anyways, we were at a university party, my friend, who is 21 yrs old, didn't greet one of his seniors, who is 23 yrs old, properly. it wasn't a disrespectful greet, just a improper one. so the senior told him in korean "greet properly you mother ****er..." and punched my friend on the chest. not hard but not soft either. so my friend kind of snapped and he pushed the senior and the senior fell to the ground. my friend knowing what he just did, try to apologize. but the senior went up to him and punched him right on the chin. and he began pounding away on my friend on the face at the same time saying "look at these underclassmen disrespecting a senior like this."

well, as of now, my friend suffered a broken jaw and had to get 2 surgeries. his face is swollen like a bitch. and the senior and his family is begging my friend not to take them to court because in korea, if you've been to jail, then your life is pretty much screwed. its almost impossible to find a job and attend school. my friends parent wants to take it to court and send the dude to jail. the senior was on his knees, crying and begging at the hospital.

the second option is to not take him to court and ask for money. they're already paying for the surgery which is about $15,000.

what do you think? take this guy to court or the money?
Equipments:
Fender American Telecaster N7
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

"There's only two colors around the world. That's pink and green. Making love and making money." - Blacks20
He's a complete dick. Feel free to be a dick in return.

Edit: Meh, they're already paying for the surgery. Don't. I skipped that bit the first time reading.
It was a relentless act of superiority and having his head up his ass on the senior's part, but if what you say is true about having your life being fucked and not being able to get a job, I think your friend should be considerate and forgive and forget. To err is human - to forgive is divine.

Having the senior pay for surgery and a heartfelt apology is good compensation.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
The senior should have thought about what he was doing before he did what he did. It's his fault.

Though, he sounds like he was incredibly sympathetic. If he's already paying for the surgery, and does not want to go to jail (which, from the sounds of it, seems a terrible thing), you should not have such a need to take him to court.
Nah, I think karma's done its job.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
The vengeful part of me says take him to court and f*ck up his life, but I doubt that's actually what I'd do.
Quote by darkstar2466
It was a relentless act of superiority and having his head up his ass on the senior's part, but if what you say is true about having your life being fucked and not being able to get a job, I think your friend should be considerate and forgive and forget. To err is human - to forgive is divine.

Having the senior pay for surgery and a heartfelt apology is good compensation.

agree 100%
You are now blinking manually
Make sure everything is covered, and make sure the senior knows that what he did was wrong... But taking him to court sounds, not extreme, but in poor taste... Ruining someones life is not worth it.
well, my friend is thinking about asking for extra money. like a few $5000
Equipments:
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

"There's only two colors around the world. That's pink and green. Making love and making money." - Blacks20
south korea has an interesting culture, but that sort of concept of always having to respect people older than you really sucks.
No reason to ruin the guys life cause he's an asshole, tempting, but perhaps not the right thing to do. Some sort of compinsation does seem in order though, maybe if your friend can't think of anything more creative then money would be the right way to go.
Time for Blackmail?
Quote by shav0r
Well basically sperm is alive right, so how come you don't see it move around on its own in a condom or whatever?

BLAME FACEBOOK FOR MURDERS... NOT THE MUSIC!
Quote by vagabond09
well, my friend is thinking about asking for extra money. like a few $5000

"Milkin' it," regarding anything, is never good. What dues have been paid will be paid and settlements will end at that. Any money laundering past that point is bad karma.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
dont take him to court if it will ruin his life
now extra flamey
Yes, the culture sounds a bit fu*ked up.
Asians are weirdos. (I'm asian, no racism intended.)

Sure, he's paying for the bills, if he wouldn't have flipped there would be no bills to pay.
So, in return, I say take him to court.
But as others have said..that's the vengeful side.
at LEAST get extra money for the time, pain, and..whatever the hell else.
..and i say restrain the, 'senior,' and have your friend put his balls on his forehead, and take a picture.
then post it everywhere.

EDIT: Or tie him to a chair and dress him like a chick and put big fake rubber breasts on him.
Quote by darkstar2466
"Milkin' it," regarding anything, is never good. What dues have been paid will be paid and settlements will end at that. Any money laundering past that point is bad karma.

yeah just enough money to pay for surgery and expenses, tell him not to be greedy
get him to pay for the surgery. then invite everyone that was at the last party and make him kiss your friends balls for forgiveness and respect
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
I'd still throw him in jail just for teh lulz

My Website

Sometimes I make people spurt:
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
sigged for making me spurt guiness on my laptop...damn you!

Quote by imdeth

Jimmy that was pure awesomeness. WIN!
Quote by B3RZ3RK3R
get him to pay for the surgery. then invite everyone that was at the last party and make him kiss your friends balls for forgiveness and respect

That is not fair. It is still public humiliation and shame that he has to live with forever. Same act, in private, is good enough.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
That is not fair. It is still public humiliation and shame that he has to live with forever. Same act, in private, is good enough.

there it is then

make that guy pay for the surgery and kiss your friends balls for forgiveness. and throw in a coupon for $5 off next purchase at a consumer electronics store
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
Send the ****er to jail, just because the guy has money to pay for the surgery doesn't mean he should escape punishment, either that or your mate gets to return the stomping. Eye for an eye
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Do not ask for more money. That is just being greedy. If your friend really feels that way he should take him to court. The dude might not even get sent to jail. Now I don't have an idea on how the Korean system works. But it could be judged as a heat of the moment thing and he could just get a huge fine. But maybe not, seeing your friend got sent to surgery.

EDIT: Lol, you live one of those ****ed up countries where you have to pay for hospital surgery. Thats like saying, if your poor your not worth it.
my friend wants something extra because the surgery and everything was really painful. plus his mouth is wired shut so he's going to be on a liquid diet for about a month.
Equipments:
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

Quote by vagabond09
i'm currently staying here in seoul, south korea and i'm pretty sure you some of you know about the senior and junior culture. basically, anyone older than you or higher in position, you have to respect and kiss ass to them. anyways, we were at a university party, my friend, who is 21 yrs old, didn't greet one of his seniors, who is 23 yrs old, properly. it wasn't a disrespectful greet, just a improper one. so the senior told him in korean "greet properly you mother ****er..." and punched my friend on the chest. not hard but not soft either. so my friend kind of snapped and he pushed the senior and the senior fell to the ground. my friend knowing what he just did, try to apologize. but the senior went up to him and punched him right on the chin. and he began pounding away on my friend on the face at the same time saying "look at these underclassmen disrespecting a senior like this."

well, as of now, my friend suffered a broken jaw and had to get 2 surgeries. his face is swollen like a bitch. and the senior and his family is begging my friend not to take them to court because in korea, if you've been to jail, then your life is pretty much screwed. its almost impossible to find a job and attend school. my friends parent wants to take it to court and send the dude to jail. the senior was on his knees, crying and begging at the hospital.

the second option is to not take him to court and ask for money. they're already paying for the surgery which is about $15,000.

what do you think? take this guy to court or the money?

Senior piece of sh*t MUST go to jail where I hope he gets ganged up on. F*cking moron.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
ask for $5000. ask the family this: how much is your dignity worth? would you allow your wife or servant to engage in such activity?
F*cking hell man I know this is the Pit but this is a new low. You guys think just paying for the surgery and an apology is enough because the "senior's" life would be ruined if he went to jail? What about the guy whose face was destroyed and will probably look f*cked for the rest of his life, don't you think his life is ruined? What the f*ck is wrong with you people? The Pit hits a new low.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Quote by vagabond09
my friend wants something extra because the surgery and everything was really painful. plus his mouth is wired shut so he's going to be on a liquid diet for about a month.

Then he should take him to court. Blackmailing is a thing I consider worse that beating someone up in the heat of the moment. I think a planned crime is just wrong way to go.
all of our friends here pretty much agree with majority of you UGers. that paying for the surgery and apology is enough. the mother of the senior stays at the hospital all day everyday apologizing to my friend. but my friend finds it irritating because saying it once is good enough. but i think paying for the surgery is not enough. my friend is pretty much going through something he shouldn't be and plus he's not able to go to class because of his injuries.
Equipments:
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

Quote by miguelito2729
F*cking hell man I know this is the Pit but this is a new low. You guys think just paying for the surgery and an apology is enough because the "senior's" life would be ruined if he went to jail? What about the guy whose face was destroyed and will probably look f*cked for the rest of his life, don't you think his life is ruined? What the f*ck is wrong with you people? The Pit hits a new low.

Thats right, not making someones life worse (even someone who deserves it) > Talking about raping babies.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Don't take him to court if he lets you beat the shit out of him.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
i don't think paying for the surgery and apologising is enough at all

this lad gets his face smashed in, i would demand this senior bloke pays for it, with a bit on top for compensation

paying for a surgery that shouldn't really be happening anyway doesn't even it up
Quote by fender_696
i don't think paying for the surgery and apologising is enough at all

this lad gets his face smashed in, i would demand this senior bloke pays for it, with a bit on top for compensation

paying for a surgery that shouldn't really be happening anyway doesn't even it up

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity.
PM for details.

Quote by vagabond09
all of our friends here pretty much agree with majority of you UGers. that paying for the surgery and apology is enough. the mother of the senior stays at the hospital all day everyday apologizing to my friend. but my friend finds it irritating because saying it once is good enough. but i think paying for the surgery is not enough. my friend is pretty much going through something he shouldn't be and plus he's not able to go to class because of his injuries.

Why doesn't he just tell them all that and ask for more money? It sounds like they would be willing to compensate.
Id take it to court. The reaction of the senior was disproportionate. He was pushed over, it does not warrant beating the crap out of someone and causing them to undergo surgery they do not need. Its no enough that he paid for the surgery. Its also his tough luck if the rest of his life is ruined. He should keep his behaviour in check.

He wasnt greeted properly so he hits the person. The person pushes him so he lashes out with even more violence. This to me screams like someone who demands respect because he thinks he deserves it. Some time in jail might do him some good and hopefully help him re evaluate his behaviour.

The whole cultural thing is very similar to the Turkish and Muslim culture of "respect older people because they are older than you." It stinks. Respect is earned and should not be enforced because someone is older. Just because you are older than someone does not make you wiser than them etc. Some people never actually grow up or behave in a manner that warrents respect.

Please have him put in prison. People like that with who have a power trip attitude have no place in society.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Page 1 of 2