We're from Sydney, Australia and play rock that is mainly influenced by bands like Tool, APC and Soundgarden. We just put a new track up called "One". There's no vocals yet but we hope to have some done soon.

We're called "OTHER"

www.myspace.com/otherproject

So if anyone has any suggestions or ideas for our music that would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Last edited by michael_ at Oct 15, 2008,
Didn't really enjoy "One" but I loved "Wishful Thinking." It really brought that Tool mood, particularly with the drums on some parts. "A Sudden Change" wasn't bad either but i do prefer they style on your second track much more.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Just listened to the tracks, not bad at all. Wasn't truly expecting a Tool feel coming in to be quite honest, but then I heard "Wishful Thinking" and I heard Maynard's voice ALL over it. I think when you add the vocals in you should try implementing a unique sound however, and you will have something extremely solid. Running with something good here, keep it up.

You should check out my band as well: Silent Surrender, I think you'd enjoy it. Our vocalist is heavily influenced by MJK.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=939376
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
I like your stuff, very calculated and ambient. It seriously sounds like something my band would play in our 20 minute improv jams. I'm from Sydney as well, wouldn't mind doing a gig with you guys considering we have similar music tastes.

Check out www.myspace.com/yourethereal.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
To Silver: Thanks for the advice mate, your music sounds really good.

To Incubus: Cheers mate, that would be great if we could play together sometime.
Just a question as well, mate, it says you have a vocalist, but there are no vocals in your recordings. Why is that? I'd like to hear those songs with vocals. Btw, I really like them musically, you guys got any other stuff?
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
To be honest, we haven't had a chance to have all five of us work on a song together yet. So me and our drummer have only been working on instrumentals for the time being.
Thanks man, we've got heaps of other material, it's just a matter of sorting them out and getting them recorded. We should have some new stuff up in a few weeks. Cheers
Last edited by michael_ at Oct 15, 2008,