Just out of curiosity, does any one what types of electronics Slash uses in his guitar's? Because all of them seem to be able to switch on a distortion effect by flicking the pickup switch. Does he have a switch incorporated in his guitar or does a guitar tech switch it on backstage? (cuz he rarely seems to press a pedal)
Equipment:
-Ibanez GIO
-Fender American Standard Strat HSS
-Acoustic Schneider Guitar
-ARIA STB-PB-DX Bass
-Vox VT50AD-XL
-Roland Cube-30 Bass
-Digitech RP-250
-Blue guitar pick
Proud Member of UG's 80's Rock Fan Club
Probably just the volume knob

Say your on the neck pickup... turn the neck volume down to clean up the sound while keeping the bridge volume on full. When you switch back to the bridge you'll have your overdrive/distortion depending on where you have it set at on your amp/pedals. You could just roll the neck volume back up too. Simple, yet very effective.
lazy basterd
if i were slash or someone at that level like that i wouldnt get others to do things like that for me, feels better when you do things on your own
Backstage tech, i pretty sure he also does the wah for Slash too
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by Whole Lotta Led

Say your on the neck pickup... turn the neck volume down to clean up the sound while keeping the bridge volume on full. When you switch back to the bridge you'll have your overdrive/distortion depending on where you have it set at on your amp/pedals. You could just roll the neck volume back up too. Simple, yet very effective.

this plus his tech Adam Day does more complex switching for different distortion types etc but he does do this for like crunch-distortion switching in songs
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
Backstage tech, i pretty sure he also does the wah for Slash too

think slash uses the wah, think thats the only pedal he uses by himself
Last edited by scottish nutter at Sep 18, 2008,
Quote by Whole Lotta Led

+1
Quote by scottish nutter
think slash uses the wah, think thats the only pedal he uses by himself

if i remember correctly, then slash does do the wah himself but all other switching is done backstage by his tech. slash has something like 5 wahs spread over the stage so he can use whichever is closest when he needs it. however, he also has a pedalboard in case of emergencies and his switching system goes out. so he will do stuff with pedals if he needs to, but most of the time his tech does it for him.
His tech may have to switch on his wah, since he uses the rack mount, with multiple controllers on the stage.
He's got Adam Day switching everything in back and he has I think 3 or 4 rack wah controllers from Dunlop around the stage. It's in the back of a Guitar World from about a year ago. Plus I know him.