money is a factor :P
i mean, i earned 2 grand over the school years
and now my parents are trying to put it into another savings account
effing *****s!
i mean, how come they even GET access to my freaking account?
Man having experienced schoolies already. once you have a room and booze and 2 boxes of mi goreng you are set man out dont really need that much money for the actual week itself. because i'm assuming your going to the goldie and you would have already got and paid for a room.

advice DONT pace yourself like everyone says man. just get f'd up every night and day.
Zeppelinism, the only way to save your soul

PM TheHeartbreaker to become a follower of the holy order of the Zeppelin
i graduate next year, accommodation on the gold coast is already booked out for 2009 schoolies.lucky my friend knows people who have an apartment right in the middle of surfers.
As long as you've payed for your accomadation (if you haven't by now you're royally screwed), you don't need that much in the way of money... really, if you're spending 2000 on schoolies that's pretty rediculous.

Where are you going?

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by kman123
think i might be hitting Bryon Bay
gold coast already full :P

If you're talking about this year, good luck trying to get into anywhere this late.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
I booked mine this morning. I'm not going to the Gold Coast though. I booked a place on the beach for me and 11 friends. It's still going to be epic though.
im going on schoolies.

.... if i survive the HSC....

ive got my music performances tomorrow! wish me luck... *hopes theres no senior marker*
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
man i dont think you kids understand the goldie is the only one that goes completly crazy everywhere else is average in comparison. all my friends who didnt go to the coast had good time but not excellent times like we did down the coast

im spending 260 (on accomodation) 300 on booze and terrorizing........ phillip island haha
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Schoolies is a big waste of money. You could easily go to fiji, vanuatu or a cruise for the price you pay for a motel, booze food etc. Getting drunk and stumbling around cavill avenue with 10,000 others trying to score pussy gets old after 2 days.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
just cause you couldnt get any

Quote by instagata0
im going on schoolies.

.... if i survive the HSC....

ive got my music performances tomorrow! wish me luck... *hopes theres no senior marker*

*THREAD HIJACKER AHEAD*

Good luck man. I played mine last wednesday, and bLiNk1824LyF the monday before that. Great fun and I think I nailed all of mine. Out of curiosity, what are you playing?
Quote by K.cobain_RIP
man i dont think you kids understand the goldie is the only one that goes completly crazy everywhere else is average in comparison. all my friends who didnt go to the coast had good time but not excellent times like we did down the coast

Hell yes, I'm going to the coast!

Have to pay for my room tomorrow, then stock up on... supplies.

>_>

<_<

Quote by pbiggie
what is schoolies?

I feel I should know about this.

WAT

Looking at your age, you should be graduating this year, so I can't believe you've never heard of it.

Schoolies week is when the students who have graduated that year go out and party for 1 - 7 days, the Gold Coast (Surfer's Paradise) is the place where most kids go.

Most states finish the school year (for Year 12s) about a week apart from the previous one, so the Queenslander schoolies will head down to the coast first, then NSW, and then Vicoria (I think, they may go at the same time as NSW).

Anyway, the main idea is to celebrate leaving school.
Last edited by soulflyV at Sep 18, 2008,
Quote by fretsonfire74
*THREAD HIJACKER AHEAD*

Good luck man. I played mine last wednesday, and bLiNk1824LyF the monday before that. Great fun and I think I nailed all of mine. Out of curiosity, what are you playing?

gary moore - still got the blues (no first verse because it had to be under 5 mins)
i've grown accustomed to your face - wes montgomery (with a solo)
midnight - joe satriani

and for my 4th elective, i wrote a composition.
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Quote by soulflyV
Hell yes, I'm going to the coast!

Have to pay for my room tomorrow, then stock up on... supplies.

>_>

<_<

WAT

Looking at your age, you should be graduating this year, so I can't believe you've never heard of it.

Schoolies week is when the students who have graduated that year go out and party for 1 - 7 days, the Gold Coast (Surfer's Paradise) is the place where most kids go.

Most states finish the school year (for Year 12s) about a week apart from the previous one, so the Queenslander schoolies will head down to the coast first, then NSW, and then Vicoria (I think, they may go at the same time as NSW).

Anyway, the main idea is to celebrate leaving school.

Why the fuck am I learning about this on the internet? My friends suck for not telling me about it.

oh, and I'm graduating next year 'cause I had to move down a year when I moved from NZ.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
I paid for my accom the other day, just need to send in my entry form photo!

GOLD COAST FTW! UG meet up?

next term will be ****ing sweet, my last week is:
muck up week
graduation
formal
formal after party

then

schoolies
Quote by pbiggie
Why the fuck am I learning about this on the internet? My friends suck for not telling me about it.

oh, and I'm graduating next year 'cause I had to move down a year when I moved from NZ.

Ahhh ok. I'd advise booking your rooms this year (if you're going), because all the good places to stay get booked out early.

And you'll probably hear a lot more about it closer to the end of the year, and ALL YEAR next year.

Quote by seanington
I paid for my accom the other day, just need to send in my entry form photo!

GOLD COAST FTW! UG meet up?

next term will be ****ing sweet, my last week is:
muck up week
graduation
formal
formal after party

then

schoolies

Hell yeah man. We should meet up at those concert tents on the beach.
its kinda like america's spring break for those who don't know
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by K.cobain_RIP
just cause you couldnt get any

1) I had a girlfriend at the time. I had more sex that week than you have probably had your whole life.

2) Your 18

3) You work at a service station.

I suggest you do the world favour and kill yourself, before you can reproduce.
Gear:

Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Quote by soulflyV
Lighten up, chap.

I just love presumptuous kids.
Gear:

Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Quote by instagata0
gary moore - still got the blues (no first verse because it had to be under 5 mins)
i've grown accustomed to your face - wes montgomery (with a solo)
midnight - joe satriani

and for my 4th elective, i wrote a composition.

I almost played midnight! I played Starry Night though. Got a 17/20 for my trials because I didn't realise my guitar was in drop D. Fail. And I screwed up in two parts because of it. I screwed up in one part because I realised I was in the wrong tuning (not playing the string though), then when it came to the outro, I tuned it back up to an E in the middle of it. Also, my acoustic guitarist was still in DGDGBE from my earlier performance that I forgot to retune with. I think I got a good mark considering.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I almost played midnight! I played Starry Night though. Got a 17/20 for my trials because I didn't realise my guitar was in drop D. Fail. And I screwed up in two parts because of it. I screwed up in one part because I realised I was in the wrong tuning (not playing the string though), then when it came to the outro, I tuned it back up to an E in the middle of it. Also, my acoustic guitarist was still in DGDGBE from my earlier performance that I forgot to retune with. I think I got a good mark considering.

yeah; thats a great mark if that happened!

i'm absolutely terrified. its really tough in music, because anything below 93% scaled down last year, and it will be similar this year.... god, 19/20 in every song just to scale up.... jesus christ....

on the plus side, my composition will probably get an encore nomination - fingers crossed.

anyway, im going to bed. if i never log back into UG - i made a mistake and killed myself...
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Schoolies was awesome, for about 23 hours.

Then it got very old. Every chick did every guy, and I got my fair share of pussy but with that pussy comes the sobbing in bed after wards cause they 'feel so slutty' only to drink more and give one of my room-mates head to sooth her soul.

The drinking was cool, but i can also do that in my backyard, all of the concerts are 18+ so good luck getting in there unless you already lied on your Schoolies pass application.

The security guards were awesome... and uhm... yeah seeing a dude get stabbed wasn't so awesome... this is all in less than one day there.

It repeated almost exactly the 2nd day...

So I left with a friend of mine and stayed at her place in tally for the remainder of the week, where we got smashed played fetch with her Shetland ponies and had glorious no guilt sex.

Good times
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by kman123
think i might be hitting Bryon Bay
gold coast already full :P

Come and stay with me. I live in Byron.

Seriously though you cant stay with me