Hey all,

I recently bought myself a 90's Peavey Classic 30. It is a great amp, sounds awesome and all that jazz.

My only problem is that sometimes when you turn it on, it goes through this phase where it starts crackling through the speaker with the odd loud pop. It doesn't matter how long you leave it on before you play it, but it also doesn't happen all the time..sometimes it makes no noise. It is my first tube amp so a bit of a learning experience

Now it is defietley not the cable to my guitar, I have tried it with 3 cables, and bypassing pedals etc.. it is not the guitar as it has done it with nothing plugged in (did a test)..

I created a video to show what I mean, Ignore the 1 hand reverse strumming but you get the point
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B1g-miKnhI

One thing I have to see is whether it crackles on the clean channel which is what the previous owner used exclusively.. seems to get more crackly with the pre-gain cranked which makes me suspect it may be one of the 12AX7 preamp tubes.

Any other suggestions on what to check out now?
Just before I went to my mates house to have a jam.. no noises at all.. setup was the same as in the video. It seems to sometimes do it sometimes not. I will eventually take it to a shop when I have the cash but at the moment troubleshooting is the go